IT.COM

.mobi Sedo charging $150 commission on .mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I got an offer of 300EU which is $377 on Vehicles.mobi at sedo.

I noticed in the offer that the sedo commission is $150 which would net me $227.

A Sedo repo confirmed that the commision on .mobi is $150 or 10%, whichever is more!

So, I countered with $650 and a note to the buyer that my net has to be $500.

If they buyer types in the domain he can contact me directly and I would sell it to him for $500.

Anybody know the commission on .mobi at Afternic?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How wild is that? Sedo knows how to drive business elsewhere...

•••
oh my god.. thats nasty from sedo

•••
•••
Freaken OUTRAGEOUS ! ! !

Listen, today I went to escrow.com to check it out

for a pending $10,000.00 sale and I noticed how

ripped off people are getting on sedo.com I can NOT

believe how they got huge sales when people could have

saved a fortune at escrow.com

:yell:

•••
Hello rsequin,

Afternic's commission is still $60 or 10% (whichever is greater).

If you have further questions, please let me know!

Best regards,

Amber West
Afternic.com
[email protected]

•••
why is sedo's fee for mobi higher than usual .TLDs??

:td: :td:

•••
Very disappointing from Sedo. $150 is far too much! >:(

•••
BloGamble said:
Very disappointing from Sedo. $150 is far too much! >:(

100% ripoff. I saw this earlier and decided not to list my 70+ mobi's with them. In the past two weeks I've averaged 2-3 offers a day via email so I certainly don't need them :)

•••
Sedo says that they have set this "initial" fee because they have to deal with smaller registrars and are not sure of the hassle. That's why they set such a high fee.

AWest from Afternic,

Thanks for posting the Afternic fee. Afternic is on a roll. I recently added my names back into sedo but am thinking again about taking all them off again. I hate their buyer/seller contact system, too prohibitive.

Funny how things work out.

I started this thread to inform the domain community about the cost of selling a .mobi domain. Turns out I end up selling vehicles.mobi to jeremyp, an active domainer right here on namepros.

Thanks jeremyp and thanks namepros....thanks to sedo too I guess. If it wasn't for their high commission, I wouldn't have started this thread and may not have sold the domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back