IT.COM

Sedo categories

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello Fellas,

Any one enlighten me, please!

Have names parked on Sedo.
On there 3 choices for categories - for my name flatslet.com - first choice I put Business/Law REAL ESTATE: second choice, I put Adult/GENERAL and for the third choice, today, I typed in 24 HOUR NAME. (from there drop down list of choices)
I only selected the third choice, 24 HOUR NAME, because I didn't know what else to type in - I dont really know what that category means.
When I did this - the third choice, 24 HOUR NAME - automatically moved to my first choice category.
I'm not complaining, just wondering what 24 HOUR NAME, means - and why it was moved to first choice category.

Any replies would be appreciated.

charbar

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello All,

Is there no-one out there that can put me wide about this Sedo thing?
Perhaps someone knows a previous thread that goes into detail about parking at Sedo.
Your help would be much appreciated!
Thanks.
charbar.

•••
Don't quote me, but I think SEDO has the categories prioritized. I have noticed that if you put your domain the the 4+ letters categ., it moves it to position 1, as you described. It must have something to do with the category they think is most searched, or most weighted by buyers.

•••
I don't know what 24 HOUR NAME is as far as a category. Sedo is pretty tolerant about going to your own domain (just don't click on the ads) once to see what it's displaying for that keyword. I would be interested to know what that means too.

•••
24 hour names are names like this:

laugh24.com
consultant24.com
talking24.com
ordering24.com

charbar said:
Hello Fellas,

Any one enlighten me, please!

Have names parked on Sedo.
On there 3 choices for categories - for my name flatslet.com - first choice I put Business/Law REAL ESTATE: second choice, I put Adult/GENERAL and for the third choice, today, I typed in 24 HOUR NAME. (from there drop down list of choices)
I only selected the third choice, 24 HOUR NAME, because I didn't know what else to type in - I dont really know what that category means.
When I did this - the third choice, 24 HOUR NAME - automatically moved to my first choice category.
I'm not complaining, just wondering what 24 HOUR NAME, means - and why it was moved to first choice category.

Any replies would be appreciated.

charbar

•••
Thanks for the replies fellas, any more about Sedo parking?
I've left the "optimising" to them Has any one else done that and found it beneficial?

charbar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back