IT.COM

secure.name ? Any value?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

arminebusch

Account Suspended
Impact
wondering if secure.name has any value
thanx.. i dont know if .name is considered a new net domain which need that plugin or not!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good .name :gn:

Just keep it.

•••
Develop some simple service related to online security, and sell it for $x.xxx
:gn:

•••
ideas..

im trying to think of new modern ideas for security, cant come up with anything that would raise the audience /:) //
was wondering if the extension .name would bring the value down a lot.. but it kind of goes with secure..

if anyone has a good idea what to do with this domain PM me , id be happy to listen!

thank you :)

•••
Three words.

Identity Theft Solutions.

Tons of possibilities :)

•••
low-mid $xx wholesale -- A great .name, perfect for many security based internet issues.

•••
<- jealous :p

Great .name. If you ever consider it for sale, PM me!

•••
get a data encryption turnkey website, put it up, see if you can make anything (short lazy man's version) very nice nime though

•••

hehe thanx to everyone, i like to hear various opinions even if they are more negative, its ok as long as its your honest opinion .. im thinking of making a big reseller out of secure.name as in securing names,
the word securing standing for "getting possession of"

what do you think i dont like afternic, site looks cheesy and not well scripted.
sedo on the other hand looks better but misses out on many customer options they should add to their site,...

what do you guys think of this idea?

thanx again for your opinions :wave:

•••
Amazing keyword with a useless extension. $0.00

•••
i know the extension does suck, but it kind of goes along with secure..

•••
I see some potential to develope this name.
high $xx - something $xxx

•••
Ditto ~

Anthony said:
low-mid $xx wholesale -- A great .name, perfect for many security based internet issues.

Uses :

Secure your Domain Name by buying it here ...

Setting up "Secure" Sites for others -

Well worth the Registration !

Good Luck ~

•••
What's the deal here?

Bought this name last night at DNF from the seller who is the real owner and I know him very well.

Supposedly, one can't ask for appraisal of other peoples name?

Please clarify this one for me.

BTW, domain is not for sale.

•••
hehe.. i know i talked to him before you..
the croatian guys right?
i had a deal going with him so asked about the appraisal.. but didnt like the domain too much.. he told me this morning hes selling it to you cuz he cant accept paypal and the payments turned out to be complicated..

good luck with it.

•••
arminebusch said:
hehe.. i know i talked to him before you..
the croatian guys right?
i had a deal going with him so asked about the appraisal.. but didnt like the domain too much.. he told me this morning hes selling it to you cuz he cant accept paypal and the payments turned out to be complicated..

good luck with it.

Thanks for the clarification. Kindly review the Appraisals sticky - http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=12820 - where it says:

Post only domains you own or control in this Forum.

Thanks for your understanding. Thread moved to Domain Discussions.

•••
Hi.
Yep, i am the owner of the name. I dont mind armine asked for appraisal, but as he said: due to some circumstances about possibilities of payment, etc., we decided to cancel the transaction and sell this name to my friend - diginic. Thanks.

•••
Hm...OK. I was confused at first because the transfer is still in the early phase.

good luck with it.

Thnx.

And, of course, even tough I didn't ask for appraisal: thnx to the rest of the gang for sharing development ideas.
Some of them are very intriguing. You guys are the best. Thanks again.

Secure.name is nice domain - only few non-personal terms in .name namespace works so well with the extension and all of them aren't available anymore (or never was due to restrictive policy of registering 2nd level .names).

This makes the name worth even more. Hopefully, appropriate development will additionally raise the value.
.name extension works for us - we're always trying to "be different".

I know that many of "domainers" don't agree but that's cool; it's their prerogative.

However, we don't see only the raw $ value in this name - it's more like the marketing asset, uniqueness in use/availability and wide development potential is a plus. IMHO, there is no way to produce exact $ figure if this is how you play this DN "game". That's why we rarely ask for appraisals in the first place - if we're not sure about the value or don't see the potential, we don't need the name.

Buying and fast selling is not our ballgame. :)

I'll take this opportunity for shameless plugin: remember the name - that's the whole idea... ;)

www.secure.name

Best regards & stay safe.

•••
armstrong said:
Thanks for your understanding.

No harm done.

Read ya... :gl:

•••
only few non-personal terms in .name namespace works so well with the extension and all of them aren't available anymore (or never was due to restrictive policy of registering 2nd level .names).

This makes the name worth even more. Hopefully, appropriate development will additionally raise the value.
.name extension works for us - we're always trying to "be different".

Good points, digiNIC. So let's start developing our best, .name-relevant domains, shall we? As for me, my http://Escrow.name will be up very soon, to be followed by several others.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back