Dynadot

Search Who Is By Owner's Name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I know there's a way out there, but I can't for the life of me find the website(s) where you can search the Who Is database by the owner's name.

Would someone mind helping me out before I go crazy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yea this would be helpful for me too. Can anyone help?

•••
Why would someone need that?

•••
Do you honestly think registrars will allow that information to be given to third
parties on a silver platter?

•••
i believe it should be impossible for the end user.
If i understand correctly each registrar provide whois info for domains regged with him, and a querie must be by domain name, not the other field. Number of queries is limited (by ip?) to prevent copying of a whole db by spammers etc. Each enduser whois service really query specific registrar, with which domain was registered, for whois info. Please correct me if i'm wrong, i feel i'm missing something here.

•••
Personally, I can't think of any legit reason why someone would need to know every site that someone else owns. That just sounds a little ominous.

If it is a legit need - ask the individual outright. If you can't ask the individual outright, then you certainly have no business noseying about their personal information. If you are going after someone who is being sneaky, chances are their whois is different on multiple sites anyway, of no help to you.

So, I guess the question I would throw back at you is this: Why do you want that information?

•••
daddypi said:
I know there's a way out there, but I can't for the life of me find the website(s) where you can search the Who Is database by the owner's name.

Would someone mind helping me out before I go crazy?

I believe one can pay for this service at Whois.sc ... but I've never done it and I'm not 100%. Is it their service entitled?
Whois History is a service of Name Intelligence that allows you to see historical whois lookups done by users of Whois Source.

Years ago, Network Solutions offered this service ... readily available, FREE, and OPEN to the world! I remember it clearly, IMHO. :gl:
Thanks for any and all assitance.
:wave:

•••
RapidBox.com said:
I believe one can pay for this service at Whois.sc ... but I've never done it and I'm not 100%. Is it their service entitled?

Yes it does. Its strength is providing WHOIS history record changes, although
it doesn't say if it was locked or unlocked.

RapidBox.com said:
Years ago, Network Solutions offered this service ... readily available, FREE, and OPEN to the world! I remember it clearly, IMHO. :gl:

Yup. But they got into trouble for doing that.

•••
davezan said:
Yup. But they got into trouble for doing that.

^^ Yes, I've heard same Dave (I feel kind of guilty now even having used it back in 1999/2000)! :guilty: :laugh:

Also, thanks for the confirm on Whois.sc ... I wasn't positive about that at all.
See you soon.

•••
RapidBox.com said:

I was pretty sure I'd seen that back then as well .... :lol: But wasn't sure @ 3:29 AM when it was posted :laugh:

•••
RogueWriter said:
Personally, I can't think of any legit reason why someone would need to know every site that someone else owns. That just sounds a little ominous.

If it is a legit need - ask the individual outright. If you can't ask the individual outright, then you certainly have no business noseying about their personal information. If you are going after someone who is being sneaky, chances are their whois is different on multiple sites anyway, of no help to you.

So, I guess the question I would throw back at you is this: Why do you want that information?

I think I've earned the right to nosey around in my own personal information.
Perhaps YOU should stop noseying around in other's busines making such accusations.

•••
Competitive Benchmarking

We could call it competitive benchmarking....

I found that Acoona.com has this service but the data is not necessarily complete. It does not list all the domains that some body or some organization has registered.

Try Acoona.com and click on business and search by business name. They list the domains owned....not complete by any means...

•••
LeDomain said:
They list the domains owned....not complete by any means...

Actually kind of Disturbing - Brings my name up on Tons of Domains - None of them are OWNED or were EVER OWNED by me ...... and The Contact info shown is within 25 miles of me - No way there's 2 of "Me" within 25 Miles ~ Grrrr >:(

•••
- - - - -
I think I've earned the right to nosey around in my own personal information.
Perhaps YOU should stop noseying around in other's busines making such accusations.
- - - - -

What accusations would that be? You specifically asked how you might go about tracking every domain a specific person owns. I simply asked why? I mean, it's not like you are asking to nose around in your own personal information - you are asking how you could go about invading someone else's privacy.

•••
These folks, offer an "array" of domain registration info.. dn history 2yrs back and such..

www.NameIntelligence.com

goodluck in your quest!

•••
Wanda said:
These folks, offer an "array" of domain registration info.. dn history 2yrs back and such..

www.NameIntelligence.com

goodluck in your quest!

Actually, they're the same guys who's offering the whois.sc/whois-source
service for a monthly charge. :)

•••
The NSI all whois command seems to have disappeared some time in late 2002. The last results I've got on file are from July 2002. It didn't return all names, only the first 10 records that matched the query. Whois.sc is a good place to start but not complete. It's may be enough for what you want to do.

There are plenty of reasons you may want to get a list of names owned by someone. For example:

You have thousands of names spread over dozens of registrars and want to get a list to make sure you haven't forgot any.

You want to see if someone has registered a name using your contact details. Especially if the “owner” of the site is destined to do time.

You might want to know if someone you are negotiating has similar names, or thousands of names, or no names. It's a very useful tool in negotiations.

You want a list if names a cybersquatter has so you can send one lawyer letter instead of 50, thereby saving 49x$500

•••
Yes, there is a service

i forget who has it though. The service was for lawyers who want to see if potential jurors for trials owned any domain names. It was part of a larger service to data-mine the background of potential jurors so they could get a profile on how they would react in specific trial decisions or uncover a specific bias.

Also, many lawyers want "dumb" jurors who are not tech-heads/scientists as they are easier to manipulate.

•••
Update: I did find a similar service, although I haven't tried it yet. It's also
paid, though: http://openaccess.dialog.com/ip/ , then choose domain names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back