NameSilo

Sav or Saw

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Sav.com and Saw.com , Which one is the "real " one. I mean which one is the big / established one. Ar they similar services? Are they related or are they both registrars?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You are comparing a brokerage (Saw) Registrar (Sav)

They are both amazing, priceless domains.

But the two are not mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
•••
Sav.com and Saw.com , Which one is the "real " one. ? Answer: Both are real.

I mean which one is the big / established one. Answer: Both are big and established in their own fields.

Are they similar services? Answer: No

Are they related or are they both registrars? Answer: They are not related. SAV is a registrar and associated with Registrar Business while SAW is associated with Domain Brokerage business.

•••
sav.com is all about saving. They love saving so much that they saved on one letter and got sav.com instead of save.com.

saw.com is all about sawing - first 37% from your domain's list price and then 15% from the sale price (according to their website).

Last edited:
•••
sav.com is all about saving. They love saving so much that they saved on one letter and got sav.com instead of save.com.

saw.com is all about sawing - first 37% from your domain's list price and then 15% from the sale price (according to their website).
This post made my day. You’re funny!

•••
Sav is a very bad one. Totally time consuming and nonworking site..
But if you allow all bad things in your browser, maybe it will work.
I suspect it is the same as donuts (or another such registry). Drop their own names, and pretend to dropcatch,
and auction, while normally noone would buy such premium names. just speculating.

Last edited:
•••

Please, can you explain further the meaning of this sentence: "first 37% from your domain's list price and then 15% from the sale price (according to their website)."

•••
Please, can you explain further the meaning of this sentence: "first 37% from your domain's list price and then 15% from the sale price (according to their website)."

Well, if you go to their site, click Sell and scroll all the way down, you will see they take 15% commission from the sellers. Then if you click Buy and click all the way down, they advertise 37% "Average List Price Saving". So in conclusion, if you list your domain for $10,000 and the potential buyer commissions saw.com to acquire it, they will first negotiate the price down to $6,300 (on average) and then take $945 commission from the sale, leaving you with $5,355 (on average). Of course it was a tongue-in-cheek comment, don't take it too seriously.

•••
Well, if you go to their site, click Sell and scroll all the way down, you will see they take 15% commission from the sellers. Then if you click Buy and click all the way down, they advertise 37% "Average List Price Saving". So in conclusion, if you list your domain for $10,000 and the potential buyer commissions saw.com to acquire it, they will first negotiate the price down to $6,300 (on average) and then take $945 commission from the sale, leaving you with $5,355 (on average). Of course it was a tongue-in-cheek comment, don't take it too seriously.
I got it, thank you

•••
A sav saw dropped in the dan.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back