Dynadot

Sandbox ??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
i don't understand why the new sites are placed in the sandbox

how long does generally google place new sites in the sand box. ?

I thought a sandbox was supposed to protect, not hide. :(

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, this is a very discussed issue on SEO forums. Some people think that there really is a sandbox filter .. some don't.

I do belive that Google applies the "sandbox" filter to every new web site. This filter is applied to new web sites to prevent spamming.

For example :

If there wasn't a sandbox filter applied to new web sites I would launch a new web site and i would place many hidden text on it. This way I would get top posititions in 2-3 weeks and It wouldn't be fair to other web sites.

I think that sandbox is a test that legit web sites has to pass. If you web site follows the rules, doesn't spam, it should be removed from the sandbox in 3-4 months.

Best of luck,

- DM

•••
What do you mean by hidden links?

•••
alaxsxa said:
What do you mean by hidden links?

Links which "clash" with the background intentionally, links embedded within <noscript></noscript> tags, links which appear for just search engines, etc.

•••
Or links that have the same color as the web site's background. That's a common practice and it's "illegal" :)

- DM

•••
I think that if you increase your link popularity the time of the sandbox will be decreased.

•••
sandbox is too keep spammers out, even though its not effective, it helps filter out the 'turn-key' people and bring up real serious websites that are relevant and going to be around awhile...

but google... is a mess, it takes some much effort to rank well for a competitive keyword, on other se's like yahoo, msn, ect.. make a relevant page, get some links, stay online for awhile and you'll get traffic.

•••
There ain't no sandbox, people seem to think new sites are sandboxed the truth is they don't have enough backlinks :hehe:

•••
what are you basing that on?

there is a 'sandbox' or spam filter as I've heard google call it . It can be avoided however that usually means not heavy linkbuilding no major changes for a few months.

•••
I have had many new sites given high rankings within a three week period by all major SE's & those sites were promoted only with Coop ad weight (around 6k) for each word & these sites have stayed constantly high in the SERPs ever since, the lowest pages these sites dropped in SE's was to page 2 but came right back to ranks like positon #3 page 1...

I have only ever had what you would call 'sandboxing' with one site, it took ages for me to rank well, but then again that was before i knew SEO (i'm still learning :hehe: )...

•••
photoshopfreak said:
I have had many new sites given high rankings within a three week period by all major SE's

All major SE's includes google ? :?

•••
Google, Yahoo & MSN yea...

•••
I have a site that has 720 backlinks, all legit because of my affiliate program.. and my site is only shown in google if you type in the exact address. So I don't think the number of backlinks effects it.
(site been up about a month)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back