IT.COM

San Antonio / Houston / Austin - South TEXAS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
If you are in South Texas (Especially one of the big 3 listed in the title), Or any of the smaller surrounding areas and would like to meet in person for coffee, food, and or conversation, please let me know. You can post here, pm me, contact me through one of my social accounts, or email me directly.

It would be preferable that we meet somewhere that has wifi, that way we can easily pull up references for our conversation and so I can still feed my addiction to being glued to NamePros most the day. ha lol.

This doesn't have to be a group thing and I'm happy to meet people one on one. I do have a trip planned later this month for Houston that may last a couple days there, so for those of you in that area it might be great if we can synchronize our timing.

For those in the San Antonio area, we can meet any time night or day (Unless I'm out of town in a meeting or event of course).

Austin area meet-ups I may try to do once a week (when applicable).

I have plans to hit the road again eventually that will take me through the majority (if not all) the other lower 48 U.S. states (Again). At which time I would like to meet more of you. I'll post new threads as I go to keep things updated. For now though, lets keep this thread about South Texas.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yesterday I had a great meet-up with (Andrew Wietlispach) FPForum at a Denny's in Houston just off Katy Fwy. We talked about NamePros, The future of gTlds, Some current market trends, Domain development, tld value fluctuations since the new gtld flood, and about his amazing Drop Catch Software (Desktop Catcher). I have to say, his software for windows OS is one of the most robust, effective, and useful tools of it's kind that I've seen in a long time. I believe it uses x5 different api's, where as most the others you see might use 1 to 3 max. It;'s worth checking out. (image below of me & andrew chatting and nibbling on some classic denny's grub.

10430438_10154176894595276_4984590741676710844_n.jpg

•••
Was at starbucks with Matt Tanenbaum ( NamePros member "DomainReseller") talking about the domain industry, investments, fund raising, joint ventures, affiliate sales, marketing, networking, development, and travel. Matt went from being a guitar player in a local rock band to domain investing and development. He'll be heading to Las Vegas in July and looking to extend his networking circle as he prepares to relocate to sin city. If you're in Las Vegas and looking for an online business consultant that focuses on brand exposure, development, management, and marketing, then you should add him as a friend and shoot him a message to meet up. Good luck Matt and I hope you have a safe trip next month. ;)

10502302_10154205541545276_7721585759278458009_n.jpg

•••
Hey guys..That Denny's would work fine for me as well. @listser If you're going to cabo maybe we should look at making it a late breakfast/brunch kinda thing. Maybe around 11:30-Noonish?

•••
Update: For those that missed me last weekend, I'm back in Houston again. I'll be here for 4 days this time. If you are in the Houston area and wanted to meet-up in person, please let me know so we can get something scheduled. ;)

•••
If it's in Houston keep me in the loop as well ;)

•••
I'd be down with a meetup in any of the 3 cities as well! I'm in Houston right now but make regular trips to SA-Town and Austin.. Anyone else around those areas? Should we try to get a group together?

•••
I'd be down with a meetup in any of the 3 cities as well! I'm in Houston right now but make regular trips to SA-Town and Austin.. Anyone else around those areas? Should we try to get a group together?
I replied to your private conversation and look forward to meeting you in Houston later this month.

As for starting a group. I stay rather busy all the time and will be traveling a lot more again soon. With that said I wouldn't be able to head up a group locally per say, but more than happy to participate and help with a local group if we had some interest in it. When ever I'm in the area I would definitely attend any scheduled meetings.

•••
Ok, Looks like I'll be in Houston this coming Fri. June 13th (2014). Ideally I would like to meet on the 13th (For those of you in that area), however I may or may not stay in Houston till June 15th (not sure yet though).

•••
Ok, Looks like I'll be in Houston this coming Fri. June 13th (2014). Ideally I would like to meet on the 13th (For those of you in that area), however I may or may not stay in Houston till June 15th (not sure yet though).

What area are you going to be in?

•••
What area are you going to be in?
Looks like I'll be mostly on the west side (katy / ih-10).. However, I wouldn't rule out meeting closer to the downtown area as long as parking isnt insane like other cities.. lol ..

Note: FPForum wants to get together Fri. early noon (between 12 & 3 I would imagine), so maybe we can all 3 coordinate that?

•••
Looks like I'll be mostly on the west side (katy / ih-10).. However, I wouldn't rule out meeting closer to the downtown area as long as parking isnt insane like other cities.. lol ..

Note: FPForum wants to get together Fri. early noon (between 12 & 3 I would imagine), so maybe we can all 3 coordinate that?

I'm leaving for cabo this weekend, but I'll be in town early friday. I'm in the cypress area, but since I'm off work Friday I may be able to grab lunch or something if you guys are somewhere in the vicinity.

•••
I'm leaving for cabo this weekend, but I'll be in town early friday. I'm in the cypress area, but since I'm off work Friday I may be able to grab lunch or something if you guys are somewhere in the vicinity.
How about the Denny's at:::

925 N WILCREST
HOUSTON, TX 77079
(713) 461-1079

(Near ih-10 / katy fwy)
I called and they have free wifi at that location. Does 12:30pm Fri. June 13th 2014 sound fine to both of you?

•••
How about the Denny's at:::

925 N WILCREST
HOUSTON, TX 77079
(713) 461-1079

(Near ih-10 / katy fwy)
I called and they have free wifi at that location. Does 12:30pm Fri. June 13th 2014 sound fine to both of you?

That's about 20 minutes from me, so no problem. I'll report back in the next day or two if I can make it for sure, but I don't see there being any issue.

What are you in town for?

•••
That's about 20 minutes from me, so no problem. I'll report back in the next day or two if I can make it for sure, but I don't see there being any issue.

What are you in town for?
Sounds Great. I'll be in Houston this time for a few different things actually (Multi-Tasking). To meet-up with NamePros members, To meet-up with a client, and to go out on a date while I'm there. However, I'll be venturing to other south Texas cities throughout the next couple weeks as well to meet with other NamePros members that are looking to talk in person.

This may or may not turn into a monthly thing. At least till I start traveling to other states again, in which case I'll look forward to meeting with more NamePros members from those areas.

•••
Hey guys..That Denny's would work fine for me as well. @listser If you're going to cabo maybe we should look at making it a late breakfast/brunch kinda thing. Maybe around 11:30-Noonish?
If Listser needs an earlier time, I'm fine with 11:30ish as well :)

•••
Would love to be able to make it there but don't think the cards will fall for me to be able to that day. Will see though.

•••
Would love to be able to make it there but don't think the cards will fall for me to be able to that day. Will see though.
Would love to meet you if you can. If not we can always try for another day / location / city in the future. ;)

•••
Ok, tomorrows the day... I'll try and get there around 11:30am just in case any of you are going to be early. My mobile # to text is 210-396-2838 .. Text me to let me know if you'll be running late or what time you'll be there. You can't miss me, I'll be the sore thumb standing out in all black / leather vest / and skull rings. ha.. lol ..

See you guys there,

Eric Lyon

•••
Looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow. As discussed, I'm going to try and make it by 11:30

•••
Killing time in southern texas

•••
I'm in San Antonio, if any one is still interested, we can meet to talk "Domain" bussiness.

my page: publicdomains (you know the extension) - just so you know me, I'm not selling anything

•••
Yes, @Eric Lyon and @Luis Zamora, I am trying to get something in the works for March or April. I'll keep you all posted for sure!

•••
Okay, we've got it planned. We'll be meeting up on April 28th. You can find more details and get your tickets here: http://www.dnhouston.com/

•••
Okay, we've got it planned. We'll be meeting up on April 28th. You can find more details and get your tickets here: http://www.dnhouston.com/
My wife and I will be there and I'm looking forward to meeting several other NamePros members there. It's my hopes that we can make a South Texas (Houston) meet-up like this a more regular thing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back