Watch

MSN-Domains

Top Member
Impact
Kulp.PNG

Funny thread, Takeaway domain "investors" have thinner skin then pinot noir

https://twitter.com/ryanckulp/status/1177733130024837122

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
is he gone mad to speak like that in public? one thing, the Ryan guy seriously doesn't have a clue how domaining industry works. sad. his downfall is shouting off the roof.

•••
Cringe worthy - comes across as an absolute tool........

And using the word re**rd to describe someone is the lowest of the low......

•••
Who is this ryan dude and why does anyone care what he thinks or does?

•••
It does not even worth reading.
I suggest to not even post this type of "news" in the future.
It's worthless piece of information, no offense :)

•••
Why would anyone care what he thinks? Not sure why Rick, who’s made millions from domains is even rising to it to be honest.

But for the record, he should look up Merlin Kauffman.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Guy has a collection of people who have blocked him. Twitter is garbage.

•••
I hope Ryan soon learns that when he used the R-word as an insult he offended alot of people. People that could care less about domains, politics, business, websites etc....People that want to be loved and love in return. People that have struggles every day, but continue to smile. People that deserve our respect. People who's heart is gold and innocent. Those are the people Ryan insulted, not domain investors. Sad.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I agree it is not news and to be honest am highly concerned about the language used in both sides on this one. But the R-word is highly offensive. @Internet.Domains has eloquently worded what I was about to try to say, so want to repeat it:
I hope Ryan soon learns that when he used the R-word as an insult he offended alot of people. People that could care less about domains, politics, business, websites etc....People that want to be loved and love in return. People that have struggles every day, but continue to smile. People that deserve our respect. People who's heart is gold and innocent. Those are the people Ryan insulted, not domain investors. Sad.

Yes, some people behave badly on Twitter but that does not mean by any means all of Twitter is that way. People daily reach out and help others, share useful information, provide deep insights on issues, and are pleasant. I have not carefully checked Twitter's ToS but would be surprised if the use of the R-word in this context is not contrary to their ToS. If so I hope someone who received the tweet reports it.

Bob

PS For those who were wondering who this person is, apparently a (former?) musician, now into promoting marketing ideas through online courses and on-site workshops. He could use a copy editor on his site.

PPS Twitter should add a dislike button.

PPPS Calling names is never right or helpful. The kids at the local playground could teach a lot of 'adults' in the online world on how to be adults. And they are only 6 to 10 years old.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Interesting. I had missed that thread. I voted no just now, but highly surprised that the majority think it is OK. Thanks for link.
Yes, I was also surprised by the amount of people that think it is OK. The good news from that thread is I recieved alot of passionate support behind the scenes and it really lifted my spirits.

There is no doubt those that feel the word should not be used is passionate and diverse amongst all political affiliations.

•••
Mr FOMO buys and sells apps other people start up it seems. Taking advantage of underfunded entrepreneurs who wrote them, so he can flip them sometimes in the future and sometimes without adding any value to the app, just sitting on it. Whats the difference with flipping domains?

•••
Of course both the M word used by Rick and the R word by Ryan are in the list of potentially offensive words. So it was a great interaction all around - Not. Rick also managed the A-word on the list.

The sad thing is that this is in a discussion at least loosely on domain name investing. Such interactions paint our entire industry in a negative light, which is unfair to all of us.

Bob

•••
Such interactions paint our entire industry in a negative light, which is unfair to all of us.

Those who engaged with him and defended domain investing instead of ignoring his comments on twitter contributed to the perception. In the grand scheme of things, this is just an attention grabbing move on his part. FOMO manipulated people quite well.

•••
Of course both the M word used by Rick and the R word by Ryan are in the list of potentially offensive words. So it was a great interaction all around - Not. Rick also managed the A-word on the list.

The sad thing is that this is in a discussion at least loosely on domain name investing. Such interactions paint our entire industry in a negative light, which is unfair to all of us.

Bob

I believe that was the sole intent of that Ryan guy - provoke and sit back and wait for the fireworks when a simple block suffices.

•••
•••
we are social creatures by nature, and we have to vent, the problem with social media if you vent you have to hear your own dumb self later when you have a totally different attitude about everything anyway on a different day.

•••
who cares what mr. gulp has to say let alone anyone else?? everyone is so sensitive these days. i laugh at all the crap people spew out online and off. rs thinks the same no doubt and with multi millions its wayyyyy easier to take.

•••
This clown is the best thing to happen to domain investors in a very long time.

The more his ego rants on, the more rational and civilized we appear.

Let him at it!

•••
I think he didn't get many good domains he wanted for his projects and is a cheap guy who doesn't want to pay for such good domains. But he SELLS his projects and calls himself investor. BS.
He is a pissed guy like thousands other who were not born in time to register a good domain and now cry like a infant everywhere.

•••
Funny enough, I own a digital agency and I was planning in using FOMO on our website & clients future projects. After I saw how their FOUNDER reacted to Ricks comment I'll definetly take a 2nd look.

I never liked Rick because of similar comments he had in the past, but calling him an "imbecile" just because he exceeded your pricing expectations & later the R word just because he (fairly) scolded you is unacceptable for anyone, ESPECIALLY for a founder of a multi-million startup.

Can't belive how many millionaires out there think they have the right to act like this, entitlement at its best.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back