Dynadot

discuss .RW - The Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ramkumaritrvs

Happiest man in the worldTop Member
Impact
Discuss / Showcase / Report sales about .RW

Recently repeating LL & NN grabbed by np'ers. Still few LL / NN names are available to register. Get them before buyout.

I'm glad to secure, 44.rw, uu.rw, oo.rw

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namebio listed one sale in .RW in last day of 2015. We can see more sales in 2016.

Domain Price Date Venue
wr.rw 250 USD 2015-12-31 Flippa

•••
Dont waste your time with these

This is the country code for Rwanda which has been very unstable for a long time...there is no market for domains in most countries in Africa

Not to mention the cheapest I can find is a $500 registration fee per year

•••
Not to mention the cheapest I can find is a $500 registration fee per year

I got them for $17 each but now lowest price is $220 for international buyers.

This tld gives me a chance to own LL & NN domain names :)

I'm happy with my purchase.

•••
I got them for $17 each but now lowest price is $220 for international buyers.
The price may drop again in the near future. I'll share what further information I can in this thread if/when I receive it.

•••
Thats all well and good, but who will buy them from you? Companies certainly wont...

•••
I'm not sure Giles. I guess everyone who regged them is hoping for interest from Chinese investors. They don't seem to be as reticent about the African extensions as the West. Nor about investing in Africa altogether.

There is one of my .rw I think I will build out myself once I get a better hang of WP.

•••
If the Chinese wanted them, they would have started grabbing them already

•••
88 dot rw and xxx dot rw are regged by hk/chinese guys

•••
Giles got a very good point about Rwanda's ccTLD being unstable, as I've never heard countries suddenly jacking up their registration price of a domain before. Good lesson to learn for everyone involved.

While I'm not a specific supporter of .rw ccTLD, but I'm all supportive of domainers holding ccTLD domains and diversifying their portfolio.

I am a happy owner of the domain vr.rw, and I'm happy for this one specific domain to be a long term investment of mine.

•••
888.rw & hg0088.rw is registered too by Chinese

•••
11.rw & jj.rw. I tend not to judge ccTLDs by the country they represent, the most popular ccTLDs don't necessarily come from the most popular or stable countries (.cc is the ccTLD of Cocos, an island with 600 people on it). I think short domains can be successful as long as registries keep this extension available for less than $20.

•••
Domainers are again seeing Chinese everywhere. The mythical Chinese end user. But I think there will likely no bailout.

•••
88 dot rw and xxx dot rw are regged by hk/chinese guys

You will find just about every domain with 8, 88, 888 are registered by the chinese, it doesn't matter what extension it is, they just love the number combo

Last edited:
•••
getting .rw at $20 reg fee is history. maybe to return maybe not. but any registrar that suspends domain regs overnite, does not help its buyers trust in it. I suppose at the end of day, the country of origin does matter in more ways than one.

I have a few .al domains with good reg/renewal fees (unless they up those too one day), and it may well be that those few .al will be the only cctld I'll ever go for. I am only interested in NN LL so that from start makes my shopping options very limited.

cheers

•••
Just out of curiosity - what registrar offered .rw for cheap for international buyers?

•••
•••
Just out of curiosity - what registrar offered .rw for cheap for international buyers?
And webspace.co.ke. Prices at the time were $17 at co.rw; $37 at co.ke.

•••
Tried to reg a rw domain with Programage but they refund me saying their International domain registration is currently under maintainance.

•••
There is one good signal from .rw registry.
I received a mail from webspace.co.rw that they are negotiating hard with their registry to reduce price of domain names for .rw TLD.
They are about to reduce price for .co.rw to $33. Hope very soon we may get to see a drop down for .rw domains also. I think credit goes to the registrar for trying hard for price correction.

•••
I emailed them to reduce .rw too...

If you love .rw, email them to reduce it.

more request should help them to consider it...

•••
One more .rw sale took place a couple days ago
Code:
11.rw   $50   2016-02-09   Flippa

•••
Very low price for that sale...

•••
That sale was mine. And frankly I'm lucky to have gotten that considering the registry pulling .rw off the shelves. If a registrar doesn't start selling this for $17 again then .rw was a waste of an investment for all of us.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back