NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi,

I just registered these IDN Russian domains:

ребенка.com (baby, child, kid)
Другу.com (friend)
Азии.com (Asia)

What do you think about them? Do you see any value:?

Regards,

Jorge

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey,

Probably reg fee cause all these names are not in a correct form.
It need to be:

ребенок
Друг
Азия

Regards, Nick

•••
Hey,

Probably reg fee cause all these names are not in a correct form.
It need to be:

ребенок
Друг
Азия

Regards, Nick

That's bad news for me... lol. I just used Google translator.

But, do my domains mean something? Because they all give a lot of results in a Google search:

ребенок : 44 millions results
Друг : 48 millions
Азия : 27 millions

Mines go a little worse, but not too much:

ребенка.com : 42 millions
Другу.com : 34 millions
Азии.com : 17 millions

Regards,

Jorge

•••
you need a linguist to explain this properly, but the word form is not the same.

•••
That's bad news for me... lol. I just used Google translator.

But, do my domains mean something? Because they all give a lot of results in a Google search:

ребенок : 44 millions results
Друг : 48 millions
Азия : 27 millions

Mines go a little worse, but not too much:

ребенка.com : 42 millions
Другу.com : 34 millions
Азии.com : 17 millions

Regards,

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

ildarius is right. In Russian there are different forms of words. They have meaning but they are just the forms of the main word (in our case it is Друг). Can't really explain it :)

For example in English i can say:

You're my friend
and
Gave it to my friend

In Russian there are different words. In first statement it's Друг in second Другу

But the value is in Друг but not Другу.

•••
Sorry but they are 0 ((

•••
Yep Google traslator is TOOOOOTAL rubbish!

it is "of child / com", "to friend / com" and "to asia / com"

Hi,

I just registered these IDN Russian domains:

ребенка.com (baby, child, kid)
Другу.com (friend)
Азии.com (Asia)

What do you think about them? Do you see any value:?

Regards,

Jorge

•••
You can also plug Russian words into this Worstat tool to get the search scores...it often helps you figure out the singular or can give you suggestions of 2 word combos with high search. Caution- it often does not differentiate on how words are grouped...ie. PlayPoker and PokerPlay can get same results. You have to visually search on google or yandex to find the most used term. Always best to ask a native speaker.

http://wordstat.yandex.ru/?

A pretty good English to Russian dictionary is:

http://rustran.com

Last edited:
•••
Fellas online translators sux alot i know it when i tried trans some english to german )))

And i think it is totally useless when translating to russian or from russian.

I am russian and i know what a butthurt russian language is :lol:

So if you want an consultation dont be shy, ask me i'll translate and give any advices or answer any questions:bingo:

•••
Hi as others said, Russian is an inflected language - endings of words change to communicate relationships, and the different classes of endings are called 'cases' - there are six cases in Russian. All you really have in English for that is possessive 's' and plural 's' being added to words.

Registering the word money is a lot better than registering the word money's. Registering other standalone words that mean things like "to money" and "of money" and "located in money" is what you do if you register words in other cases than the main (nominative) one.

If you look up nouns in a dictionary the first form given is the first case (called the nominative) which, with the nominative plural, is probably the most common search term.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back