Domain Empire

Running AdSense in an Iframe?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Heads up - updated Adsense program policies as of 6/10 explicitly disallow ads from being placed in an iframe:

AdSense code may not be altered, nor may the standard behavior, targeting or delivery of ads be manipulated in any way that is not explicitly permitted by Google. This includes but is not limited to the following: clicking Google ads may not result in a new browser window being launched, nor may Google ads be placed in an IFRAME.

The official Adsense blog goes on to say:
We’re aware of certain ad implementations that require the valid use of iframes. As per our program policies, exceptions to our policies are permitted only with authorization from Google.

http://adsense.blogspot.com/2011/06/clarifying-our-ad-implementation.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thats rather a weird update, but i can think of reasons why they had to implement this rule...
I wonder how many accounts will get banned on this issue...

•••
So if someone want to see if their iframed ad Site fits for AdSense they can contact support and see if they approve ?

I think this one is mainly for those social networking sites.

•••
Well I think its a very old rule. I knew about it since 2009. Iframe placement is not allowed because the remaining website content might not be according to their TOS.

•••
Thats rather a weird update, but i can think of reasons why they had to implement this rule...
I wonder how many accounts will get banned on this issue...

this time they have officially written it on the blog, earlier it was mentioned in their TOS. But guys think of in this way , how will you feel when someone else will churn out revenue of your content without linking you back. I think its a nice move by adsense

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back