Dynadot

various Ruffian.com sold @GD for 24,250 USD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandMart

Randomhiker.comTop Member
Impact
Godaddy rocked yesterday with a good sale. Ruffian.com.
Reckon, ruffian.com will be violence related site?

Some more sales:
ruffian.com 24,250 USD 2018-03-16 GoDaddy
628888.com 22,301 USD 2018-03-16 NameJet
thewebhub.com 4,550 USD 2018-03-16 GoDaddy
medicalrealty.com 2,500 USD 2018-03-16 BuyDomains
antiquecarmuseum.org 2,500 USD 2018-03-16 NameJet
practicestrategies.com 2,000 USD 2018-03-16 BuyDomains
ourplatform.com 2,000 USD 2018-03-16 BuyDomains
intheneighborhood.com 2,000 USD 2018-03-16 BuyDomains
architecturecruise.com 2,000 USD 2018-03-16 BuyDomains
exaronews.com 1,723 USD 2018-03-16 GoDaddy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably an investor who paid more than a potential end user would pay.

It is a rarely used version of Villain, generally negative meaning and, again, lots of people don't know the word or might misspell.

•••
Probably an investor who paid more than a potential end user would pay.

It is a rarely used version of Villain, generally negative meaning and, again, lots of people don't know the word or might misspell.

Agreed. Wonder what the buyer had in mind shelling out $25k approx for this domain.

•••
There's a brand Ruffian on the .co that produce adverts for some very big clients. Possibly them purchasing the .COM for upgrade?

•••
•••
Well it took 2 bidders to get there, insane for aftermarket value where you expect to see some buy value at least!

Last edited:
•••
wow nice sale for 628888.com i think i have 628888.info

•••

Ruffian (horse, April 17, 1972 – July 7, 1975) was an American champion thoroughbred racehorse who won 10 consecutive races, usually by wide margins.

Ruffian was ranked among the top U.S. racehorses of the 20th century by The Blood-Horse magazine.

Her story was told in the 2007 film Ruffian and numerous books.

affich_34262_1.jpg

•••
•••
There's a brand Ruffian on the .co that produce adverts for some very big clients. Possibly them purchasing the .COM for upgrade?

Thanks. If it is an established business, it might make sense for them. And probably unlucky that they gut in bidding war with a misplaced valuation by an investor.

•••
Thanks. If it is an established business, it might make sense for them. And probably unlucky that they gut in bidding war with a misplaced valuation by an investor.

I don't think it's a misplaced valuation by all standards. If I own Riffian.com I won't part with less than $100k.

It's a good deal for the buyer at $25k. By the way, I'm coveting your Class.com :xf.cool:

•••
I don't think it's a misplaced valuation by all standards. If I own Riffian.com I won't part with less than $100k.

It's a good deal for the buyer at $25k.

I agree.

Ruffian feminin racehorse is a true mith!

Ruffian%20t-shirt.jpg

•••
Great brandable, would work great for a top line hipster type clothing company

•••

It's a good deal for the buyer at $25k. By the way, I'm coveting your Class.com :xf.cool:

Maybe. At $100K, Ruffian has probably around 0.2% to 0.5% in any given year to be sold. With those odds, $25K would be better invested somewhere else.

Unless it is top 3000 keyword dot com, you'd need to buy at 1/10 or lower of expected sale. So even if you expect to sell at $100K, you'd pay around $10K, unless you just fell in love with it )

Class: Thank you ) I am working on launching digital/print magazine on it )

•••
Amazing, single word dictionary domains is where it's at right now.

Can see value only rising too even for lower tier words like this' as 2018 most of the best single words are in use/owned by the biggest companies in the world (Microsoft/Amazon/Disney etc) or have 6/7 figure price tags on them.

Last edited:
•••
Class: Thank you ) I am working on launching digital/print magazine on it )

That's a good idea. If you work on it for the next 24month, people will be begging you with millions of dollars to have it

•••
Great brandable, would work great for a top line hipster type clothing company

That’s what it used to be, a fashion brand. I’m quite surprised they let it drop. I think the “pedigree” might have something to do with why it reached $25k, it’s not a particularly positive name.

Some of these GD auctions are very surprising, often makes me think two end users are caught in a bid - reminds me of the Gradient.com auction a while back that went up to $125k+, sure, Google got it in the end, but someone else had to bid them up to that.

•••
That's a good idea. If you work on it for the next 24month, people will be begging you with millions of dollars to have it

Thank you ) in 24 months it will hopefully be worth more to me ) I have just put up the site with no real content yet (coming within couple of weeks) and google analytics already shows over 10,000 unique visitors per month, about half of them from the US, 2/3+ from the US, Western Europe, Canada, Australia etc.

•••
I was a kid when this horse died my neighbor was the editor from sports eye ,He wrote in the next day headlines ""Goodbye Ruffian""

Last edited:
•••
Ruffian (horse) - Wikipedia
UrlAdvisorGoodImage.png

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruffian_(horse)
Ruffian (April 17, 1972 – July 7, 1975) was an American champion thoroughbred racehorse who won 10 consecutive races, usually by wide margins. In July 1975, she ...

•••
•••
•••
Ruffian - East Village Wine Bar
ruffiannyc.com
Home page for Ruffian Wine Bar and Chef's Table. Find info for East Village Wine Bar, French restaurant, tapas, and Belgian Beer. Former Tabla and Danny Meyer employees.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back