Dynadot

ccTLD .RO domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am from Romania, that means in my country the cctld is .RO

.RO can be registered for 1 year at price of 10 Euros or 13-14$, but the beauty is that they can be registered for LIFE at the price of 50$ - they never expire, you buy it when you are 18 years old and you still have it when you will be 80 years old.

Do you think they worth it on the international market ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If only more extentions could be registered for life for a fair price...

That said, where exactly is this type of registration done? What happens if your registrar goes out of business but you have bought a domain for life?

I do see potential in .ro since internet penetration has been growing there and with Romania inside the EU things will probably get even better in the near future. The downside may be that only terms in local language may have value?

•••
which registrar to use? nic.ro does not allow .ro ?

•••
Why not use the Registry themselfs ? rotld.ro
i could not find anything about the 50$ for life.

Can someone point that one out for me as it seems the Romenian Registry is not offering a lifetime sub.

•••
They say: "Both company registration number (any country) and TAX ID or VAT ID of the company is required. For individuals, passport or ID number is required."

•••
edomenii.ro offers both options, 1 year 9,90€ or 39€ for lifetime.

Here you can find such option in rotld.ro: Romania Top Level Domain

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

btw, wich tld is more often used in romania, .ro or .com?

•••
If only more extentions could be registered for life for a fair price...

That said, where exactly is this type of registration done? What happens if your registrar goes out of business but you have bought a domain for life?
All my .ro regs are direct from the registry.
So yes, it's a one-time payment... for the time being :blink:

Of course, don't use registrars like eurodns that will charge you on a yearly basis, for domains that have no renewal fees... :lol:

•••
I find the idea a bit dodgy really. It sounds a bit too good to be true. I mean, what if ICANN decides to re-delegate the domain to another registry who don't use the "lifetime" rule? Then you basically are back to the start and have to pay annually. Who guarantees that this is really "for life"? I've seen email providers also stating that their service was for life, meanwhile they've gone out of business ...

Just call me pessimistic if you wish, but a guaranteed domain for life sounds a bit too nice to be true.

•••
Well Icann has no say in ccTLD management policy, it's up to the Romanian government to decide.
Personally I think the worst that can happen is the end of the no-limit reg somewhere in the future, and introduction of renewal prices in line with other European extensions. No big deal really.

PS: the registry sometimes deletes domain names that are not compliant or where the registration details are incorrect.

•••
wow

.ro is the cheapest domain extension if we pay $50 for life time except the free .tk extension

•••
•••
RoTLD can change the rules anytime and ask a yearly fee, after .tk - .com.ar are free if you live in Argentina.

•••
.RO is a solid extension, too bad the traffic pays peanuts. Sold off my entire .RO traffic portfolio for minimal profit.

•••
A friend of mine sold torrent.ro for 3000$ and didn`t had any traffic :)

•••
RoTLD can change the rules anytime and ask a yearly fee, after .tk - .com.ar are free if you live in Argentina.

Also, the Congolese citizens are entitled to one free .cg each, and I believe .com.np is also free if you live in Nepal.

In the past .com.ru was free for all, registrations were made by RIPN.net (unlike the .ru which was done by NIC.ru ; .com.ru however is a real ccTLD and not just someone giving away subdomains). However, it seems .com.ru is dormant or defunct for the forseeable future, it doesn't seem new registrations are ongoing.

•••
The Romanian Register of Roads .ro, RoTLD announces that on 1 March 2018, it has implemented the annual registration and maintenance system for the .ro domains. They will be registered or renewed for a limited period of time, minimum 1 year and maximum 10 years. For the renewal of domain names, the owners must pay the annual maintenance service equivalent for the desired period through the RoTLD partner who manages the domain.
.RO domain names registred until end of 2013 ( 5 year's) must be renew until end of July 2018
Domain names .RO registred after/start with 01.01.2014 must be renew in 2019

Last edited:
•••
The Romanian Register of Roads .ro, RoTLD announces that on 1 March 2018, it has implemented the annual registration and maintenance system for the .ro domains. They will be registered or renewed for a limited period of time, minimum 1 year and maximum 10 years. For the renewal of domain names, the owners must pay the annual maintenance service equivalent for the desired period through the RoTLD partner who manages the domain.
.RO domain names registred until end of 2013 ( 5 year's) must be renew until end of July 2018
Domain names .RO registred after/start with 01.01.2014 must be renew in 2019
So they are eating their words?

•••
No , not eating their words , this is rules of UE & ROTLD is part of UE
Last year was just a delay + this apply only to romanian registrar because : enom, 101domain & other anyway have anual payment , but if you own .RO must be careful

•••
That means some good names will hopefully be dropping now :)
I actually registered some names more than a decade ago, that I no longer need.

•••
Yeh but for the moment there not have a API for them or maybe personal i don't know to have
Must be have eye on then manual

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back