IT.COM

analysis Right domains are not used for the right Company. (They are not using it)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Debasis

Established Member
Impact
Roaming around the internet is a fun part of daily life.I found some big companies are not using the domain which is a exact match for them.The companies didn't purchased it and they are going with their choice.
Examples- Singapore Exchange

SingaporeExchange.com is available but they are using a short domain sgx.com .They just found out that typing a large domain is painful (maybe).They are pretty big company that they can buy single or 2letter domain very easily.They didn't acquired the domain and also didn't redirected.They have the money but they don't to.

Example 2- Double Standard
There is a company called Double Standard also they did not acquired DoubleStandard.com The domain is acquired by someone and unable to make a deal.
They're using a dashed domain instead.
Sometimes it's the company / client's choice what and which domain they want.Domainers can't push them or Upsell the domain.

It's impossible.

Just a small search by me.comment your opinion.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lot of people and companies don’t care to secure all permutations of their name.

It may be an unpopular opinion but domains are not that important to the public in 2020 as they were in 2000. Of course they are very important, and I think especially for smaller companies trying to build a brand - but otherwise the world has somewhat moved on. This doesn’t mean they are not good investments - they are scarce, unique assets in a world where other assets are overvalued, so there very well could be a bitcoin like explosion in domain pricing. And in an increasingly global world, theres a lot of value both from emerging market growth and overall growth of economies. But in the public mind, nobody cares about domains like we do. I am in the process of buying an expensive domain and my girlfriend and my family both think I’m crazy! Most people would share their view I would imagine.

The internet is becoming closed - via facebook (social), Amazon (retail) and google (google seo dictates how most people view the “open” web), app stores (mobile). Domains are much more valuable in an open internet where large companies do not dictate who views what.

Last edited:
•••
A lot of companies don't see the value it splashing a load of cash on domains all day, they have clients to keep happy and profits to make. I suspect that if it can't be justified from a business profit perspective then they won't bother.

There are exceptions however, eg. Facebook love getting the domains for every brand they create. But they have verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry deep pockets and they are literally building new companies when they do it. New companies can justify splashing out on their names.

If it ain't broke( n), don't fix it.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back