Dynadot

Revise the Icons

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey I don't really know if this fits as a suggestion but how about if the designers here get a chance to design icons for MSN, Yahoo and all? The twitter one at present, seems very blurred. It would be a cool competition too. :tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

I agree with Xavier_3D. I'm one of the designers in the design contests section here at namepros. I would be happy to create any graphic for namepros for free. Better yet, you could start a design contest and make things more exciting.

I have provided detailed feedback about the design of namepros in this thread:
http://www.namepros.com/namepros-info-and-suggestions/592755-i-like-new-design-lot-but.html

Unfortunately there was no response at all from anybody. Especially the buttons "post reply", "new thread", "quote" etc need revisions.

Thanks God you have given up on the weak, old fashioned, dated blue tone that namepros used to use. But that blue still exists in those buttons and they don't match the new blue.

Also the namepros logo needs an update. There used to be a light bulb logo shape which I never liked. I don't see it any more which is very good but there is no replacement for it.

From a designers point of view, it is fine to have no logo shape but only text in a logo but the text needs to be unique. The font in the current logo is too generic. Therefore it doesn't even look like a logo. It is too amateurish. Look at facebook's logo. Their font is cool.

You could start a design contest for a new namepros logo. Ideally namepros staff would pick top 5 designs from 5 different designers and then namepros members would vote on those designs.

•••
How about we make the buttons then they'll pick.
We should make them for free. :)

Namepros 2.0 :D
np2.png

•••
Sounds great guys, let's do it.

I would love it if you could help me update the logo, colors and icons around the site to give it a more professional style. Those blue buttons are just the default ones that come with vBulletin.

Feel free to make a new set and suggest specific changes to the theme here if you want!

RJ

•••
Last edited:
•••
There are free buttons on vbulletin's oficial website but you need to have a vbulletin license to download them or even view most of them.
vBulletin Button Sets - vBulletin.org Forum

Said that, I have found a PSD file for default vbulletin buttons and I'm checking it right now. The PSD has all the buttons and small icons.

JanineXD,
Check your pm for psd link.

I think the bulb icon is useless. The markers are are much better as they are now. The problem is the buttons and and np logo.

Last edited:
•••
I have designed 10 of the buttons. Only a few left. I didn't realise there were so many. I will post the whole set soon.

It is true that the vbulletin website offers some nice button sets for free but this doesn't mean we can not do better than those.

•••
Ooo If we are adding stuff can we have some more smilies.... :guilty:

•••
We could try that too :D

here's my try.
i need to have nper's comments before i make all the buttons :D
templatep.png

•••
Here are the buttons I created for Namepros. These mimic the default Vbulletin buttons but are a modernised version.
They have the current namepros blue RGB 0,71,171.

This is the complete set with 13 buttons.
3 large buttons: 110x26px
8 small buttons: 70x22px
2 smaller buttons: 25x22px

largetextbuttons01.gif
0103.gif

smalltextbuttons01.gif

Here is the zip file. Inside the zip file there are gif images. If you put these gif images inside this folder namepros.com/images/buttons/ it should just work. Filenames, file format and image dimensions are the same as existing buttons.

I designed these for namepros but anybody can use them on any website for personal or commercial use. But don't distribute them. Don't upload the zip file anywhere else. Cheers.

Last edited:
•••
Here are the buttons I created for Namepros. These mimic the default Vbulletin buttons but are a modernised version.
largetextbuttons01.gif

smalltextbuttons01.gif

The rest is coming soon.

Zip file will be added if these are choosen. I have each button at correct size with correct filename, ready to go.

awesome icons.

:great:

•••
I have added a zip file to my previous message.

I noticed that button/icon design is indeed hard work. You need to match whole pixels otherwise lines are blurry.

Last edited:
•••
I think its really great that users care enough about np to want to go to this much trouble to help out and I do think its time some buttons and icons are updated

•••
The new buttons are snazzy! Thank you, Erdinc!

•••
Sorry for being away while this was going on :( College's tough. My Personal thanks to Erdinc though. Thumbs up!

•••
I don't know about vB but here's my try with the small icons
livechatcopy.png

msna.png

offcopy.png

onlinecopy.png

repcopy.png

twittere.png

warncopy.png

yahoops.png

zip attached.

what other icons are needed?

Attachments

• np.zip
    94 KB · Views: 13
•••
Hi JanineXD,

Here is some feedback. To make the implementation easier you could match the file name, file type and image dimensions.

I'm using google chrome. In chrome you can right click on icons and open them in new window. This way you can see the file directory, file name, file format and chrome even displays the icon dimensions.
http://www.namepros.com/images/misc/im_yahoo.gif

Also you don't need to add the psd inside the zip file. Nobody is going to use it and it might add confusion as to what to do with it.

The current icons are gif files with transparent background and very light blue matte. Of course matte would be white or very light grey for the new icons.

Do you want to have a go on these icons? I thought you worked on them.
http://www.namepros.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif
http://www.namepros.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

My new buttons will take some time getting used to. Since the website is modest with the colours the buttons stand out and look shiny. Maybe I can create another less shiny version.

Xavier_3D,
We could have a competition for the np logo or maybe some new smiles. If its not organised we can always have a friendly competition among us.

•••
Hi JanineXD,

Here is some feedback. To make the implementation easier you could match the file name, file type and image dimensions.

I'm using google chrome. In chrome you can right click on icons and open them in new window. This way you can see the file directory, file name, file format and chrome even displays the icon dimensions.
http://www.namepros.com/images/misc/im_yahoo.gif

Also you don't need to add the psd inside the zip file. Nobody is going to use it and it might add confusion as to what to do with it.

The current icons are gif files with transparent background and very light blue matte. Of course matte would be white or very light grey for the new icons.

Do you want to have a go on these icons? I thought you worked on them.
http://www.namepros.com/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif
http://www.namepros.com/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

My new buttons will take some time getting used to. Since the website is modest with the colours the buttons stand out and look shiny. Maybe I can create another less shiny version.

Xavier_3D,
We could have a competition for the np logo or maybe some new smiles. If its not organised we can always have a friendly competition among us.

Sure thing :) But due to College, lets keep it on weekends.

•••
•••
Yeah these buttons look a lot better, thanks for your contributions guys :tu: :)

•••
No problem at all. This is just a great thing to put on my design portfolio and to be proud of. I have gotten used to the shiny look and they don't look too shiny to me any more.

RJ,
If any changes will be needed in the future regarding the buttons, I'm just a pm away. All the best. Erdinç.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back