Dynadot

[RESOLVED] - Did someone stole my domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

justlife

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone. I received an email from Namecheap about domain contact update. It has changed to someone I don't know:

New Registrant
First Name:Hassan
Last Name:Taha
Email Address:[email protected]

I didn't sell the domain or push the domain. And the domain is not in my account anymore.
I've submit a ticket to Namecheap, but still have to wait for them to check.
I'm just freaking out. The domain is hioy.com. Any idea?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do not think you should worry. I had a similar situation about 2 years ago.

Namecheap will lock the domain so it cannot be moved while they sort things out.

•••
Domain status is client transfer prohibited.Agree, no need to panic, domain is still with namecheap.

Any update from namecheap?

•••
you may have two accounts at namecheap and you open the second one

•••
Thank you so much for everyone's reply. I really appreciate it!

I still haven't got any reply from namecheap. Since they have locked my account, I can't log in either.

I bought the domain at namejet in 2018, so it's in enom. And I transfer it to namecheap last month during the sale. It's in my namecheap account that time.

may be it's hijacking, and it seems like it's hard to get back.

•••
IMPORTANT: I've just checked the domain is listed in afternic for sale for a low price! Please do not buy. I have contacted afternic to stop the listing but I'll have to wait...

•••
I called Afternic to take down the listing temporary but they refused. They asked me to email to godaddy. That's the only thing i can do...

•••
Do you have an open ticket, and if so, can you DM it to me?

I will look into this, but bear with me, I'm going to be a little unreachable over the next two days.

Tamar from Namecheap

Are you sure, you are from namecheap?

•••
•••
I never got a message from the OP.

•••
Thanks everyone. Currently i'm answering questions and going through some verification with namecheap. This is gonna take some time... I will update again.

•••
Yes, I'm awaiting my badge from Namepros.

A ticket number isn't private, so you can share it here if you wish, but I suggest DMing me. I'll be able to look into this later this weekend. I'm not going to be reachable until late tomorrow night or Sunday.

Great to have a NameCheap representative here.

•••
Glad to hear you got it back. How did they end up getting it?

•••
Glad to hear you got it back. How did they end up getting it?

Thanks. I'm not sure, I answered all the questions, verified myself and forwarded a few other emails to prove that I own that domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back