Dynadot

ResellerClub.com / Directi - Add your review to mine

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have been with this Indian company for a couple of years now and have a lot of domains with them. I joined them because their prices were fairly low once you spend some money with them (like over a few thousand or so, but you can get discounts if you spend less). I wanted a reseller account mostly to get the discount, but also to try selling domains.

Their user interface is one of the worst, but you can get used to almost anything after a while. Most of it does work ok. Some funtions are difficult to do on a bulk level and reporting is slim or hidden.

They have sales from time to time and sometimes you can save a LOT of money if you can take advantage of it.

There are no fees to become a reseller and they do provide a site for you that you can customize (newbie unfriendly). And you can use your own domain or sub-domain with the site the provide.

There is a lot more I could say about them, but while I have recommended them in the past, I no longer feel I can do that.

They charge YOU PayPal fees when you put money in your account. I never liked this and it is against the PP TOS. I put up with it because I had a lot of domains with them and prices were so low that it wasn't a big problem. As their prices have increased, I have been less happy with the PP fees they make me pay.

But the thing that prompted this post was that they just sent out an email promotion for a VERISIGN contest to all of MY reseller clients. They did this WITHOUT my permission and with a spam advertisment that does not say ANYTHING about resellerclub, but appers to be sent with my email address! Any company that does this either cares NOTHING about my reputation and only thinks about the mmoney they must be getting for sending the spam, or they are totally cluseless about ethical business practices.

I think Verisign offered them a lot of money to email all reseller customers. That would not have been the worst thing in the world, but to send this mailing as if it came from ME is pure evil IMO. But then I really hate spam so this is about the worst thing they could have done to me. Other resellers may not mind.

At this point I have to say there are much better options than ResellerClub.com, but if you really want to resell domains I do not have any recommendations.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back