Dynadot

Reseller acct question? Need advice.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
6.95 enom reseller acct
Just wondering if someone could explain the difference to me between enom "retail" acct and enom "reseller" acct. I am being offered an enom RETAIL acct at $5.99 per name for a modest price and just wondering if it works the same way as reseller status and if I'll be able to allow customers to reg domain names in the same way that you would if it were reseller. I have emailed ENOM customer service but it's been 2 days and I have yet to hear back from them regarding my question. Also, once I have a firm grip on what the difference is, can it be converted to reseller status and if so, is their a price increase and/or large enom deposit required??

Also, if you or anyone you know is interested in selling a $6.95 enom reseller acct please pm me.

Thanks,

Dok

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Enom $5.99 retail account ?????
I can't say that I've heard of anything below the $6.95 reseller account and so I would be very wary of this sale. Interested what others think.
In general terms a reseller account requires a minimum $100 "up front" and domains can be bought from $6.95 if you have a $6.95 account (either an old account or having lodged $6995 with Enom) or $8.95 for a new reseller account.
A retail account gives you domains that you pay for as registered (ie no "up front" payment). Generally a retail account will cost you more as it's supplied by a reseller who has to cover his costs and make a profit.

•••
Originally posted by mr webname
Enom $5.99 retail account ?????
I can't say that I've heard of anything below the $6.95 reseller account and so I would be very wary of this sale. Interested what others think.
In general terms a reseller account requires a minimum $100 "up front" and domains can be bought from $6.95 if you have a $6.95 account (either an old account or having lodged $6995 with Enom) or $8.95 for a new reseller account.
A retail account gives you domains that you pay for as registered (ie no "up front" payment). Generally a retail account will cost you more as it's supplied by a reseller who has to cover his costs and make a profit.

I should have noted that the $5.99 price, as has been explained to me, is for domain names without DNS. The price for names WITH dns is $6.95. So basically if I get a retail acct for $6.95 (with dns) my question is "can I convert to resell status through enom and at what cost to pricing etc? The whole RETAIL/RESALE thing boggles me because it seems to me to be one-and-the-same just different terminology. I mean, there is a difference I am certain just still not quite sure what the major difference is. In-other-words if I have a retail acct can I still use PDQ and develop a website that sells domain names at my specified price above $6.95 or do I have to go through a process with Enom to convert to resell status? Sorry I am so slow at comprehending all of this. Like I mentioned before, ENOM not returning my emails.

Dok

•••
Originally posted by dokrockr
I should have noted that the $5.99 price, as has been explained to me, is for domain names without DNS. The price for names WITH dns is $6.95. So basically if I get a retail acct for $6.95 (with dns) my question is "can I convert to resell status through enom and at what cost to pricing etc? The whole RETAIL/RESALE thing boggles me because it seems to me to be one-and-the-same just different terminology. I mean, there is a difference I am certain just still not quite sure what the major difference is. In-other-words if I have a retail acct can I still use PDQ and develop a website that sells domain names at my specified price above $6.95 or do I have to go through a process with Enom to convert to resell status? Sorry I am so slow at comprehending all of this. Like I mentioned before, ENOM not returning my emails.

Dok

1) You cannot resell from a Retail account - so no PDQ etc.

2) I am still puzzled about the type of retail account and pricing that you are expecting to get. I can't help feeling that there is something not quite right here, but I could be wrong.
You might be better getting a normal reseller account (from $6.95 - $8.95) from some of the people here or at Domainstate, Webhostingtalk or DNF- also you could check at Ebay.
Any reseller can set you up with a reseller account ($8.95) for free but some can get you a $6.95 account for a "fee", normally around $250 one-off.

•••
Originally posted by mr webname
1) You cannot resell from a Retail account - so no PDQ etc.

2) I am still puzzled about the type of retail account and pricing that you are expecting to get. I can't help feeling that there is something not quite right here, but I could be wrong.
You might be better getting a normal reseller account (from $6.95 - $8.95) from some of the people here or at Domainstate, Webhostingtalk or DNF- also you could check at Ebay.
Any reseller can set you up with a reseller account ($8.95) for free but some can get you a $6.95 account for a "fee", normally around $250 one-off.

Thanks so much for your input Webname. I have contacted ENOM via phone and hopefully someone from sales will return my call ASAP. I want to make absolutely certain that what I am being told by the reseller is correct and I am not being misled.

Sincerely,

Dok

•••
Hello Dok,

Here is what eNom is all about.

1) Retail account - this is an account that an end user would use to purchase domains etc. A normal account is an $8.95 account. $5.99 account is for non-DNS account which is worthless. Believe me do not waste your money in that. These kind of domains are registered by people who purchase bulk domains for selling it but dont need a parking page or a selling page. By the time you want to add DNS to it you have to pay additional $4.00 for it. So you do the match. You end up paying more, because you can't transfer the domain out either.

2) Reseller account - this is basically a reseller account where you can provide services to end users like yourself. This is a worthy account. Accounts like these vary from $100-$250 to start off with. Then you have to deposit min. $100 to the account and usually you price off at $6.95. You can also get a free $8.95 reseller account. The advantage in this is you get many more features that retail accounts dont get, plus you can make money by selling domains and setting up your own site.

Good luck and I hope this helped.

•••
A reseller you can sell from and the accounts that are made from it are the resale accounts. So you would be getting an account off of a reseller. And I have also heard of the Name-Only accounts with no DNS for 5.95 :)

•••
I know about the $5.99 eNom accounts and would not recommend them. They charge you $3 to "activate" the domain if you were ever to want to use the domain for any purpose, or sell it.

$6.95 reseller accounts are expensive, and not always worth it. You have to consider how many domains per year you are planning to register. If the account costs you $300 and you're only registering 100 domains, you would be better off with a $7.95 or even $8.95 account without the upfront cost.

•••
Thanks again for all of your replies. Makes more sense to me now! :)

Sincerely,

Dok

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back