[REQ-LOGO] MotuMedia.com - $40

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest : LOGO Design

Prize : $40.00

Contest End Date & Time : August 13, 2010 - 23:59 CDT

General Requirements : I am in need of a logo for MotuMedia.com. We will be specializing in whole house AV solutions and everything else down to a standalone HTPC. I would like the logo to have a Web 2.0 feel (rounded edges, smooth font, etc). It does not (and probably shouldn't) have to include the ".com" in the logo. This will be used in multiple formats, such as web, print, and marketing materials. There also does not need to be any tag line with the logo.
File must be sent in vector format (i.e. AI)

Color Requirements : A motu is defined as one of a series of closely spaced coral islets separated by narrow channels; the group of islets forms a ring-shaped. With that in mind, I am leaning towards blues, greens, or anything else to give it a "tropical" type feel.

Additional Information : I will probably also be in need of a template to be designed for the webpage. Depending on the logo and the skills of the winner, their could be additional work. Feel free to work on some templates if you would like further consideration after the contest as well.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hi here's an idea...thx

mm-1.png

•••
umxca - Good Start. Like the colors and the font. Not too sure about the image before the words though. How about trying to convert this picture to a clipart style : http://www.honeymooncruiseshopper.com/images/bora_bora-satellite].jpg
It doesn't have to be exact to the picture (a satellite view of Bora Bora) and obviously doesn't need to be detailed (just use simple colors. Maybe some gradients). It is just an example of an atoll/motu that I thought would be interesting as the logo. If not, try some other of your ideas.

•••
thx here's a revision with bora bora

mm-2.png

•••
Great revision. Can you thin out the outer green ring of the island? It looks a little thick.

•••
thx here's a revision:

mm-3.png

diff color scheme:

mm-4.png

Last edited:
•••
Another great revision. Thanks for the extra color example, but I think I prefer the blue/green version. The green border around the island is still a little thick on the bottom and top left corner. If you could thin those two areas, you have a very solid entry.
Still looking for any other ideas.

•••
•••
jtoms - Great start. A few notes for a revision:
- Not a big fan of the font for "MEDIA". Try something else. Maybe something a little thicker to match the first half (not necessarily the same font though)
- I really like what you did with the island mockup. Can you remove the palm trees from the image and then switch the orientation of the view? Try either a direct overhead view or a 3/4 overhead view.

•••
•••
•••
•••
umxca - Thanks for the revision. I don't need any further changes.
nodws - Thanks for the entry, but it isn't really in the right direction. Not really a fan of any of the fonts or the coral in the "O"
jtoms - The island is definitely better without the plam trees. Can I have you change the perspective to a direct overhead to see how it works? Also maybe some font variations.

Thanks for all the hard work so far

•••
•••
jtoms - I like the new font, but I'm not a fan of using the island for the "O".
Also, for the island image, can you just change the perspective of the previous image to directly overhead? I liked how the outside edge was form fitting and am not really a fan of the square version.

•••
im a bit confused on the directly overhead sir,, what do you mean?

•••
A directly overhead view would be identical to your latest revision. I just want to see how the island image looks with the blue "water" area following the contour of the island (like your previous versions) instead of the square.
Let me know if you need further explanation.
Thanks

•••
•••
jtoms - Thanks for the revision. I don't need any more changes at this time.

Great entries so far, but the contest still has some time left. Any further entries are welcomed.

•••
Still a few days left on this if anyone else wants to enter. If I receive no new entries or anticipated entries by 23:59CDT on 8/12, I will end the contest early.

Thanks

•••
I will be putting my entry in shortly.

Smiler

•••
Here are the 2 versions of MotuMedia Logo I came out with

Feedback Would be greatly appreciated.

Smiler

•••
Smiler - I appreciate the effort, but the design isn't really working for me. Please see the previous examples for any idea of the direction I am going.
Contest will run until 8/13 23:59 CDT (Main post updated)

•••
I would like to thank everyone for their work and entries.

The contest winner is umxca with the latest revision. Please PM me you paypal information.

Thanks

•••
thx for choosing my design :)

pm sent

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back