IT.COM

question Repricing domains to GoDaddy appraisal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lknights1987

Established Member
Impact
Has anyone tried repricing domains to the free Godaddy appraisal amount? Did you see an increase in sales?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For a selected range of domains (around 200), I have tried -for 2 years now- to set the price to 80% of what GD appraises it.

No noticeable difference in the inquiries I'm receiving, in that, I see similar activity on those with GD pricing and those with higher than GD.

I have come to realise that, if someone wants a domain, they will act the same no matter what price the domain has, ie. they will find a way to contact with a lower offer (eg. via the registrar or whois, etc.) even on domains with a BIN and bargain from there.

•••
For a selected range of domains (around 200), I have tried -for 2 years now- to set the price to 80% of what GD appraises it.

No noticeable difference in the inquiries I'm receiving, in that, I see similar activity on those with GD pricing and those with higher than GD.

I have come to realise that, if someone wants a domain, they will act the same no matter what price the domain has, ie. they will find a way to contact with a lower offer (eg. via the registrar or whois, etc.) even on domains with a BIN and bargain from there.
What nameservers are you using for those 200 domain names?

•••
Your buyers are probably agents, or rarely previous owners. Everyone want their own share, Selling directly to a real buyer with only 15 percent commission?: I think you are dreaming...Doubling buying price would mean, 115 percent profit instead of 15 percent, 7-fold gap between a honest sale and dishonest sale, in this example, from agent perspective. Do you think agents would take such a risk (of not selling), yes of course, they still keep the lead even if domain doesn't sell.

•••
@lknights1987 ,
I have changed NS multiple times but most of them used to have Uni's NS on.
Is that relevant somehow?

•••
•••
Hi, I think repricing domains to GoDaddy appraisal is bad. GoDaddy appraisal is not accurate or reliable, and it does not show the real value of domains. GoDaddy appraisal uses an algorithm that uses some factors, but not enough.

Repricing domains to GoDaddy appraisal can make you lose money or opportunities. You might sell your domains for too low or too high. You might miss some good domains or waste some bad domains.

So, you should not use GoDaddy appraisal for repricing your domains. You should do your own research and analysis, and use multiple sources of information. You should also check the availability and competition of similar domains. You should also test the market and see how your domains do in different platforms and auctions. You should also be flexible and realistic in your pricing, and change it according to the feedback and offers you get.

•••
GD appraisals is a good tool. I wouldn't take any appraisal tool too seriously. Sellability is much more important than the value. For example, I may sell all my domains in bulk for 10 percent of GD appaisal price, but if there is a buyer for one domain, GD apprasial may look too cheap. Also apprasial tool is for domainers, not for endusers, so it doesn't hurt.

Problem with AN/GD,.. they want to turn us into slaves. They give too much power to themselves, none left for us. And since they made the evil change on landing pages, I don't have any more sales, although I have leads. Why because they are asking too much, and they think buyers and sellers won't know what they are doing. The result: we sell for less, or we can't sell. And strangely, noone else at Namepros except me is complaining about it, as if anything else is more important.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back