question Reporting Domain Sales Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nametra.com

VIP Member
Impact
Hi, Everyone:

Good morning. I hope you're all well.

I just completed a mid $xx,xxx dot com domain sale and have a question.

If the buyer did not request that the details of the transaction be kept confidential, do I need their permission to report the sale publicly (e.g. to DNJournal.com)?

I normally ask the buyer if they object to me reporting the sale publicly, but is this even necessary? Should / can I proceed without their consent or even if they say no (and a non-disclose has not been signed)?

Note that I only intend to report the date, domain name and sale amount and I do not intend to disclose the buyer's name.

Thanks,

Andy

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If there is no NDA and the buyer hasnt asked then you're good to go.

If there is no NDA but the buyer has asked you not to disclose the price then although you're not obliged to keep it secret it's probably best to do as they wish just for you're own proffesional reputation.

•••
is this even necessary?
Money loves silence. Not making your business public is a "default" expectation so if you want/need, its better to ask and be ready to accept if there is no agreement to your wish. Of course, that is only if you value the potential of reputation, networking and stuff like this.

•••
Hi

totally up to you, but...

if, you have a buyer, who has bought from you before...
would you risk the potential of having future deals with them, by publicizing the sales?

imo...

•••
Thank you all for your replies and feedback!

I guess the safe bet is to ask if they object.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back