IT.COM

discuss Repeat After Me...I Love My Domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
This morning I took some time to review my portfolio. I have many domains so I tend to forget all the names I own.

Anyway, now that I'm done, I just have to say...

I LOVE MY DOMAINS!

Feel free to join me in simply posting...I Love My Domains!

Enjoy! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The worst is when they sell.. all that love gone to waste, just for some piddly widdly cash in the bank. How quick they leave you, from birth (reg, aftermarket) to teenage years (shown them all the ropes (offers refused, listings, landers) then they grow up and settle down with their life-mate (enduser purchase) and they never look back. All that work on upbringing. Bah.

Can we not just love and keep them forever? #HugADomain

•••
I LOVE MY DOMAINS!

Me too...I know it's not normal and society looks down on me. I and my domains always get stared at when we go to the movies, dine out or pretty much do anything outside of my darkened office. I'll never forget the first time we were jeered at for our public display of affection...okay, so it was a little one sided with me gently blowing into the speaker port of my laptop but we were jeered at none the less. When will it finally be accepted that a domainer and his/her domains can have a special relationship? Anyway, my name is Mister Funsky and I LOVE MY DOMAINS!

Last edited:
•••
I LOVE when MY DOMAINS sell =D

•••
I Love Your Domains!

Last edited:
•••
Sigh .. isn't the #1 rules of domaining to NOT fall in love with your domains? lol

PS .. I love mine too! lol

•••
I love my domains.

My domains are responsible for looking after me;
My domains bring happiness to other people;
My goals and desires are intertwined with my domains;
Through courage and hard work, I can achieve anything with my domains;
I’m fine my domains, and I love what they are becoming;
Through my domains, I make positive changes to the world;
My domains are amazing just the way they are, and I accept them this way;
I choose only to surround myself with my domains and good people;
Whenever I fall down, my domains get me back up again.

•••
who loves their names so much they refuse to exchange them for money
lol

•••
Me too...I know it's not normal and society looks down on me. I and my domains always get stared at when we go to the movies, dine out or pretty much do anything outside of my darkened office. I'll never forget the first time we were jeered at for our public display of affection...okay, so it was a little one sided with me gently blowing into the speaker port of my laptop but we were jeered at none the less. When will it finally be accepted that a domainer and his/her domains can have a special relationship? Anyway, my name is Mister Funsky and I LOVE MY DOMAINS!
That was so fun to read.

•••
like ..that day...I met her.. I love her, I means that domain.I checking who is her...I checking her availability try to dating with her ...several days I just keep exciting and cannot sleep well...finally...I bought her....ok the first night..you know....I add her into my portfolio pages......and even design a nice logo to dressing her...

normally...weeks later...I foget her...I met another domain...I fall in love with the new her....

anyway...I love my domains...live with some of them many years ...

•••
•••
Clever idea for a thread, @Silentptnr

I do love most of my domains :xf.smile: (and a few regrets :xf.frown:). And I think that is good, because I can't quite see anyone effectively selling a domain name they don't love.

That said, I think it is important to realize that we probably love our domains more than most others. It is natural, we found or created them, did the research, let the idea of them age in our mind, saw the possibilities, etc. One of the hardest things re analysis and valuation of your own portfolio is to fully comprehend this fact. You will like them, and think they are more valuable, than most others will.

Finally, I think one of the most important aspects of the idea of "love your domain" is if at acquisition you have any hesitation, "yeah the metrics look good but I don't really love it", odds are, your hesitation has a germ of truth, and you should not acquire it, and keep searching for a name with good prospects, metrics and you love it.

Have a great day everyone.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I'm www. Domain-Loco.com about mine.

•••
Hey, hey, planning to get me a divorce :xf.wink:
Ssshhh, I love my domains.

•••
I love my domains and I got domain hoarder in king :ROFL:

•••
•••
I love my .Com domains!

Stop saying “in king” Sounds like dot king!

.Com proud

Samer

Last edited:
•••
“They are all million dollar babies’ to me.”

Learned the hard way what the market dictates

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I love my domains - and even my Godaddy domains - at day 61 post auction.

•••
I love my domains. I need someone else to love them too! Unusually slow year end and start to the year for me.

•••
She loves my di.... she loves my domains

I love my domains

•••
This morning I took some time to review my portfolio. I have many domains so I tend to forget all the names I own.

Anyway, now that I'm done, I just have to say...

I LOVE MY DOMAINS!

Feel free to join me in simply posting...I Love My Domains!

Enjoy! :)
Great thread Silentptnr.....reminds me a lot of the founder of Donuts who never heard of a new nTLD extension he didn't like/love.

Your post actually inspired a version of LoveDomains.com that for some reason had been dropped after having been continually registered for 15 years:xf.rolleyes:

Any wonder why i luv love domains:xf.wink:

•••
I hate my domain names, I do not want to keep them for long period, the sooner they go from me, the better for me.

•••
So much love in this thread... :xf.grin:

I love my domains too - especially when liquidated :xf.smile:

•••
I love none of my domains lol...

I don't think people NOT loving their domains is a problem. I think people tend to love their domains too much - causing them to over value their domains like when a father thinks his daughter can sing really great when she's just kind of OK haha...

The Solution: Domain investing is just that, INVESTING. Don't put your emotions into your business. Think critically and as objectively as possible when it comes to valuing your domains. Otherwise you may end up over pricing them or self sabotaging because you love your domains so much. I don't love any of my domains...I simply see their value...and less value in the ones I'm drop every year. I am not into this for collecting domains like stamps. I'm into domaining for the sales. I'll let go of any of my domains for the right price...but when you LOVE something, you can't put a price on it or the way that you value it is subjective, not objective.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back