Dynadot

Renewing between grace and redemption

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
Grace period for expired domains: 30 days (or minimum 15 days, registrar decides in advance).
It can be extended to 45 days. During that extra 15 days the registrar can do anything with the domain,
grab it, sell it, or allow it to go to redemption. You can renew the domain but then there can be a late renewal cost (as much as redemption restoration fee, a small amount, or maybe none).

Question: Can we move such a domain elsewhere via authcode transfer (and avoid late/restoration) fee?
If so , the only bad thing with this would be,.. you will be bothering your registrar to get authcode to make sure they "lose" the domain.. if they like your domain more than they like you, then, before giving the authcode, they can grab/sell the domain. this would be a very awkward situation.
so question, can we get authcode during extended grace?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depends on the registrar and tld. But most have a life up to day 45 after expiry. But I would expect for the existing registrar would expect you to renew the domain before transfer.

•••
Not too many i would pay for after letting go as it is generally a good percentage of potential price. I recently had my wallet and phone stolen and had to cancel everthing which in the 2 week gap sorting everything out i lost a few names. I noticed it is like 200 these days.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back