Dynadot

question Religious Domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
how strong is the market for religious domains such as those including words like bible and pray etc?

looking at keyword searches per month, many people search for "bible", so would a good quality domain name with bible in it generate enough demand to make a decent sale? similarly if this was developed how likely would it be to sell?

cheers :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They generally don't bring the big $, but they can be profitable. However, high two or low three figures still isn't bad for a domain found at reg fee or minimum b/o charge. I have quite a few and have sold some over the years. I'd stick with really strong keywords though that are developable. Here's few I have to show what I mean by quality keywords:

Praying.us
Worship.ws
Baptist.cc
SchoolPrayer.info

I've sold:
Hymn.info
Hymnal.info

Actually since religion groups don't want to seem commercial, domains without com/biz TLD's are more valuable in relation to the .com as other subjects might be. I'll pick up a good religion domain in just about any TLD.

•••
how strong is the market for religious domains such as those including words like bible and pray etc?

looking at keyword searches per month, many people search for "bible", so would a good quality domain name with bible in it generate enough demand to make a decent sale? similarly if this was developed how likely would it be to sell?

cheers :)

Interesting...I've had someone stalking and harassing me here on NamePro's, and they just referred me to this thread because I've been referring to a name I just registered a few days ago, JesusOvercomes.com.
I also bought the .org and the .today. An associate of mine recently purchased the domain immortal.life. I was told by a professional appraiser my domain could be worth a lot to the right buyer. The .com and the .org aren't for sale, but I'd probably sell the .today. As far as selling a religious domain or especially if you developed a small portfolio of religious domains, you should probably go straight to the source/end user.
Ex. the Methodist Church, The Episcopal Church, a Synagogue or even a Mosque. All religions that I'm familiar with "pray", and they know and feel "blessed", so I would think there's decent demand for religious domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back