Dynadot

discuss Religious discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I'm sure you know more about scripture than most but in the Bible, didn't God exterminate a bunch of people he didn't particularly like and wanted to start over with Noah and a boat?

Off topic so I'll keep it short.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+6:5-6,11-12

I don't think he killed them because he loved them.
And then there's the story of 'Sodom' and Gomorrah. Which entirely refutes what you said...

God gave Sodom & Ghmorrah multiple chances to repent. The last chance they tried to rape an Angel.

Not that I care. It's just some food for thought

Read Genesis, then Matthew. Should clear most questions up.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I find it strange that every discussion of religion is full of atheist, most of whom know nothing of Christianity ( edit ) or any other religion.

Last edited:
•••
I find it strange that every discussion of religion is full of atheist, most of whom know nothing of Christianity.

Christianity is one of many dogmatic world religions, of which there are many denominations. They may not all look alike and may have different names, but generally most share common ground - a belief in 'God'.

We all have our own concept of God, but interestingly if one changes the word 'God' from a noun to a verb it doesn't change the meaning, but gives the word action (or quality).

"Nouns don't grow, only verbs grow..."

Last edited:
•••
Christianity is one of many dogmatic world religions, of which there are many denominations. They may not all look alike and may have different names, but generally most share common ground - a belief in 'God'.

Christianity is apart from all religions because our creator became a human to die and pay the price for our sins. He gave up his divinity, then took it back. Jesus Christ is still a Human who empathizes with us.

Our world was lost through one man and was redeemed by one man.

Ellen White describes the "Great Controversy" between Jesus Christ and Satan, as played out over the millennia from its start in heaven, to its final end when the remnant who are faithful to God will be taken to heaven at the Second Advent of Christ, and the world is destroyed and recreated.

The entire Bible, books from different authors across time, from start to finish, all tell the story of Christ.

We all have our own concept of God, but interestingly if one changes the word 'God' from a noun to a verb it doesn't change the meaning, but gives the word action (or quality).

"Nouns don't grow, only verbs grow..."

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
The Case for Faith: A Journalist Investigates the Toughest Objections to Christianity
https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/the-c...40/item/2686849/#edition=2353813&idiq=1964269

Written by an atheist, converted during his investigation,

Atheism is the denial of the existence of God. Don't confuse denial with difference.

If God is omnipotent, it only makes sense there will be different manifestations of (God). Who can say definitively who has the right idea? Faith is having confidence in one's own understanding, since nobody has all the answers.

•••
Atheism is the denial of the existence of God. Don't confuse denial with difference.

I didn't confuse anything. I simply stated Lee was an atheist and was converted after his own investigation.

If God is omnipotent, it only makes sense there will be different manifestations of (God). Who can say definitively who has the right idea?

God can and does. Christ manifest proof of his Character in the redemption of humanity.
https://biblehub.com/nkjv/john/17.htm

Faith is having confidence in one's own understanding, since nobody has all the answers.

Agree.

Last edited:
•••
There is an amusing quote by the comedian Ricky Gervais regarding religion, with talk host Stephen Colbert. Stephen declared he does believe in "a god", out of the thousands of gods / religions to choose from, and Gervais replied (something along the lines of):

"You believe in 1 god, out of the 2,999 gods, which is just 1 more than me"

Last edited:
•••
'I Stand By the Language': Bible College Fires Professor for Tweet Against Sexual Sin

The Professor is correct.

•••
Most every religion references Jesus Christ , that to include satanism , although satanism is not a religion IMO .. don’t take it from me , check it out yourself .

So why do most every religion reference Jesus Christ , but yet worship other than God ?? This strictly my opinion on why , because many people want proof that God exists before they believe in God .. I have found this to be the case after speaking with atheist and agnostic people .

Jesus is Lord , God is my father , my Lord and Savior .

The Spirit of the Father , The Son and the Holy Spirit . Is so very powerful , It’s the peaceful Love and Amazing to me!!!

Thank you @mr-x for starting this thread.

God Bless

Last edited:
•••
Btw , I am a non denominational Protestant - Christian . Born missionary Baptist, later a Southern Baptist , turned non denominational at age 33 , I like people of all religions , I will pray with people of all religions ..

•••
Written aprox 1000 years before Jesus was born, quoted by Christ on the cross:

Psalm 22

My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?

2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.

3 But You are holy,
Enthroned in the praises of Israel.

4 Our fathers trusted in You;
They trusted, and You delivered them.

5 They cried to You, and were delivered;
They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.

6 But I am a worm, and no man;
A reproach of men, and despised by the people.

7 All those who see Me ridicule Me;
They [b]shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

8 “He [c]trusted in the Lord, let Him rescue Him;
Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!”

9 But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.

10 I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother’s womb
You have been My God.

11 Be not far from Me,
For trouble is near;
For there is none to help.

12 Many bulls have surrounded Me;
Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled Me.

13 They [d]gape at Me with their mouths,
Like a raging and roaring lion.

14 I am poured out like water,
And all My bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax;
It has melted [e]within Me.

15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And My tongue clings to My jaws;
You have brought Me to the dust of death.

16 For dogs have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They[f] pierced My hands and My feet;

17 I can count all My bones.
They look and stare at Me.

18 They divide My garments among them,
And for My clothing they cast lots.

19 But You, O Lord, do not be far from Me;
O My Strength, hasten to help Me!

20 Deliver Me from the sword,
My[g] precious life from the power of the dog.

21 Save Me from the lion’s mouth
And from the horns of the wild oxen!
You have answered Me.

22 I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.

23 You who fear the Lord, praise Him!
All you [h]descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,
And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!

24 For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
Nor has He hidden His face from Him;
But when He cried to Him, He heard.

25 My praise shall be of You in the great assembly;
I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.

26 The poor shall eat and be satisfied;
Those who seek Him will praise the Lord.
Let your heart live forever!

27 All the ends of the world
Shall remember and turn to the Lord,
And all the families of the [i]nations
Shall worship before [j]You.

28 For the kingdom is the Lord’s,
And He rules over the nations.

29 All the prosperous of the earth
Shall eat and worship;
All those who go down to [k]the dust
Shall bow before Him,
Even he who cannot keep himself alive.

30 A posterity shall serve Him.
It will be recounted of the Lord to the next generation,

31 They will come and declare His righteousness to a people who will be born,
That He has done this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back