Dynadot

Registryweb

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Reviews and information for Registryweb

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
TERRIBLE!!!! Hidden costs tie you to them forever

Although the interface is clunky and almost impossible to use, the registration prices at first seem very low.

It's only after you've registered a domain that you find out that ANY time you try to transfer the domain away from RegistryWeb you have to pay a $50 fee.

Their customer service is miserable, if you can get anyone to talk to you at all -- and they blandly ignore the fact that their bottom-of-the-barrel hidden charges are uniquely unfair and unreasonable.

Stay away from this company at all costs.

Don't take my word for it. Do your own research -- but look carefully, because those hidden fees are very well hidden.

•••
Beware of this registry. I guess you get what you pay for.

Registryweb is relatively inexpensive but their customer support is poor. If you try to contact them for service they will give excuses for not responding in a timely manner. They have cancelled their email addresses because they've been getting too many requests for service. They claim that the reason they don't have customer service phone support is because they can't afford it.

They do have a website that will allow you to contact them but if you use it too often, they will lock out your account and domain name claiming that you have abused them in some way and reject any further contact you may attempt. If you make some changes to your domain, they will lock out any more changes for 6 months. Most other registrants will lock the domain for only a few days or weeks.

They have not responded to my requests to transfer my domain off of their system. I would recommend that you stay away from them and any of their partner/sister sites. Stick with a more reputable registry.

•••
Worst EVER!

This is by far the worst registrar you will deal with. I had bought 4 names from someone and they were held here. And when I say held, I mean held HOSTAGE. First off they state the law in AUS keeps you from moving names for 6 months after renewals or changes, a change can be a change of email address!!!! Then when you do decide to transfer you find out it is a 50 dollar fee to transfer the name. ROBBERY!!!

The interface is the worst I have seen for changing DNS or making changes. You actually have to use your invoice number to submit a change. In otherwords if you renewed the name a year ago you have to go find your invoice to make a change in DNS.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!!!

registryweb.com is horrible!!!!!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back