Status
Not open for further replies.

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
I need registry level forever registrations for .com and .us

Yay!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are no such registry-level and forever registrations.
Maximum registration period is 10 years.
There is registry-level domain lock though. You can lock your domain at registry-level so it can't be transferred to another registrar.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Just to let everyone know. Each domain extension does have a limit on how many years you can register for. If a registrar advertises they have a forever registration, what they are basically doing is most likely registering your domain for the maximum allowable years, and then they extend the registration on your behalf each year after that. A lifetime registration will only be honored by the registrar who sold it to you. If you transfer your domain out of the registrar, you will no longer have a lifetime registration. Also keep in mind that your lifetime registration will be hinged on the success of that registrar. So if the registrar ever goes bankrupt or out of business, you are at risk of losing your lifetime registration. So just make sure that any registrar that offers a lifetime registration is reputable and has been around for a long time. I believe Network Solutions offers a 100 year registration and they follow this same concept. Just proceed with caution if you decide to go this route. I would hate for someone to get a lifetime registration and then the registrar goes out of business 5 years later and you lose hundreds of dollars.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back