IT.COM

Registrar shows "available" but the domain has a Whois entry, seems to 404?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi there,

I am by no means an experienced domainer and this is only my 3rd domain, so any info is much appreciated. I recently checked for a domain at EuroDNS.com and I was able to add the domain to my cart and pay for it, but when I checked for a Whois entry later on, I actually had a positive match. There's no date mentioned in the entry. Also, when visiting the domain my browser can't find the server. What's going on, is this domain taken or not?

Thanks in advance!

P.S: This is what who.is gives me (domaintools actually gives me the name of the registrant but there's still no date):
mifja9.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need to look it up at the Registry's whois. That will be definitive.

•••
The NIC of this extension says that the domain is registered, but then how would I get my money back from EuroDNS and how will my (invalid) order be processed... Hmm :-/

•••
I think you need to ask EuroDNS.

•••
Avoid Eurodns if you can.
High prices, poor assistance.
It's full of better registrar.

•••
•••
PIR shows the domain as available before they enter the dropzone. Certain ccTLD's have some odd rules when it comes to when a domain is really available.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back