IT.COM

registrars Registrar says my domain is GONE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domainchampion

Established Member
Impact
Ok first of all, I want to make a disclaimer that this is for the purpose of sharing to the Namepros community of my experience with the registrar for this particular domain. I did not have any bad intentions towards the Registrar

Prior to this post, I had chat with the support and they promised to look into this soonest.

Let me start, so today I wanted to transfer out my domain (Herenhuis.de) as the expiry is in 3 days. So I look up to the dashboard and click transfer domain away. But to my surprise, I got this when I hit to transfer out. What surprised me is that it says, THE DOMAIN IS NOT IN OUR REGISTRAR. I'm unable to transfer it out.

Honestly, this is extremely shocking to see as a customer that been with the Registrar all this while.

I hope this may be just a glitch and will be rectified ASAP.

upload_2021-6-12_21-11-59.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I guess it's some kind of database error, and these things can happen occasionally, but of course it was you who left it so late to do a transfer...

•••
i will @ Epik CEO @Rob Monster

Might want to think of altering the title if able.

if solved, it looks worse, and frankly, bad faith.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I guess it's some kind of database error, and these things can happen occasionally, but of course it was you who left it so late to do a transfer...

I have my own database for tracking my domain expiry and the exact date of when I plan to renew before expiry.

Technically the domain is still active and will be expiring in 3 days.

For you @richardhope may be normal to see this but for a domainer like me, not normal.

•••
i like epik too but this is just victim blaming xd

•••
I have my own database for tracking my domain expiry and the exact date of when I plan to renew before expiry.

I would hope that all domain registrants do that!.... Anyway, some TLD's can take around 5-7 days to transfer. Also, some registries actually delete names that are not renewed a certain time before expiry. Either way, you left it very late to transfer or renew...

Last edited:
•••
•••
@domainchampion ,
did you solve the issue? I can see the domain has Epik's nameservers on.

Still,
you *really* need to be more careful when it comes to cctlds and their renewals/transfers. Most cctld registries have very weird rules which you *need* to know prior of registering a domain.

Moreover,
Epik's dashboard has two slots for expiration-related dates: (a) the actual expiration date and (b) the max date the user can renew the domain.
You always need to check that last date and also check how long before that date you are allowed to transfer a domain out.

•••
you *really* need to be more careful when it comes to cctlds and their renewals/transfers. Most cctld registries have very weird rules which you *need* to know prior of registering a domain.

DENIC doesn't though. Pretty easygoing on transfers, renewals. Verisign should watch and learn. While they're at it, check out SIDN, NOMINET, INTERNETSTIFTELSEN.

On subject, Epik isn't directly DENIC accredited so they're reselling which could cause some issues. Best to get in touch with Rob or try their chat support.

•••
Hi, would like to give an update.

I have received the transfer code from support after just 6 hours of the report.

Rob, Sufyan and Epik have always been top-notch in responding to any issues.

I'm now awaiting confirmation to confirm the transfer and will update once the domain has officially land to the new reigstrar.

•••
I can confirm that the domain has already landed in the new registrar and the matter is SOLVED.

•••
Back