NameSilo

Registrar Ranking

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

Established Member
Impact
2
Registar Ranking

As a newbie, I am always coming accross new places to register names. It would be helpful to have a place where we could view some kind of ranking of the registars, and read the good and the bad stories about them.

This would be a great service to the industry as it would put preasure on the registars to improve service and resolve complaints.
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
There are several lengthy threads here on the Namepros site regarding Enom, NameCheap, GoDaddy, RegisterFly, OpenSRS, etc. even RackShack and Hostway's more recent "loss leader" discounted offers. Personally, I prefer my $8.95 Enom Reseller account above all else, and may, in time, look to upgrade to a $7.95 account to save a few more bucks while not losing any of the value-added features and ease of use, IMHO.
If you can't locate any or some of these threads via the "Search", check both the "Domain Discussions" and "Newbies" Forums, or send me a PM and I'll assist.
PS. Whatever you do, as a domainer ... stick with those Registrars offering the "free and EASY push system". :)
See you soon.
 
0
•••
Enom.com is by far the best ,
 
0
•••
Thanks Cool, Chris

As a matter of fact I moved some of my old names to a single enom account today. They were registered by a reseller - oriweb - and in enom, but not under one account. As I have recently tried another, cheaper registrar - Directi, I know what you mean about service and services. Oriweb and enom have always done right by me, and after some unpleasant dealings with Directi, I'll pay the extra couple of bucks and stick with Oriweb and enom. I don't want to sound like I'm completely sour grapes with Directi, but I really think there is a language problem which makes problem resolution difficult.

Thanks again for your input.
 
0
•••
I like Namecheap and Enom. Both have a free push and are very easy to use.
 
0
•••
Namecheap is a enom reseller so they are both the same

No prob terry get your self a free enom reseller ( 8.95 per domain ) or retail ( $8.14 per domain )

Best of luck
 
0
•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Personally, I prefer my $8.95 Enom Reseller account above all else, and may, in time, look to upgrade to a $7.95 account to save a few more bucks

I just got a free $8.14 retail account from NP user Delete. I reg there without the 3% CC fee, then push the name to my central reseller account. Works like a charm.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by armstrong
I just got a free $8.14 retail account from NP user Delete. I reg there without the 3% CC fee, then push the name to my central reseller account. Works like a charm.

:bingo:

Excellent cost-saving strategy, Apollo! :tu:

< ... gets his calculator out to crunch some more numbers on the "break-even analysis" in comparison with a $7.95 account.
Maybe I can get one with NP$'s? :o
:talk:
 
0
•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
:bingo:

Excellent cost-saving strategy, Apollo! :tu:

< ... gets his calculator out to crunch some more numbers on the "break-even analysis" in comparison with a $7.95 account.
Maybe I can get one with NP$'s? :o
:talk:

If paying by credit card, each reg using a $7.95 reseller account would cost $7.95 x 103% = $8.19. There is no break-even point, as $8.14 is cheaper!
 
0
•••
how do you get out of the fee?
 
0
•••
Originally posted by Elefekt
how do you get out of the fee?

Retail accounts don't get charged a 3% CC fee. I know it makes absolutely no sense, as eNom pays more in terms of fees for many transactions, as compared to $100 refills on a reseller account. But that's the way eNom has it setup.
 
0
•••
weird indeed. Jeeze some companies is weird.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by armstrong
If paying by credit card, each reg using a $7.95 reseller account would cost $7.95 x 103% = $8.19. There is no break-even point, as $8.14 is cheaper!

What about the "time/convenience factor"? :o
I haven't done any/many "Retail" Enom registrations, but I believe it's pay-per-registration/transaction (credit card or Paypal) ... this is, of course, versus those converted "Enom Bucks" (minus the 3% fee, of course) in the Reseller account.
Then, you had mentioned pushing the domain(s) back to your main Reseller acount ... and part of my "break-even analysis" would include doing these two steps over the course of potentially many dozens of domain names. After 60 transactions, for instance, that (opportunity) cost of convenience for $3.00 may favor the $7.95 Reseller account, for me personally. It's good conversation ... please let me know if my logic is misguided, however. I know you love the MATH, Apollo! :)
Thanks.
B-)
 
0
•••
My numbers of course count only the actual costs. Time and convenience do not come into it yet. Because if they do count for you, then you can easily justify buying a $6.95 enom reseller account for ~$350.
 
0
•••
All that from a guy that loves to trade in NP$
 
0
•••
lol hmm maybe he isnt what we thought... LOL

I think I may stick to my retail accounts for now does the 8.14 retail except paypal?
 
0
•••
Originally posted by Terry
All that from a guy that loves to trade in NP$

Not by choice, my friend. I can't take Paypal, and in this board NP$ seems to be just as good.
 
0
•••
Say, fifty cents ($0.50) for time and convenience per registration, what would be the "break-even" level (in terms of a number of domains either registered/renewed/transfered) between a $6.95 Reseller account (including the $350 up-front cost) and an $8.14 Retail account?
Thanks for the assistance.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Say, fifty cents ($0.50) for time and convenience per registration, what would be the "break-even" level (in terms of a number of domains either registered/renewed/transfered) between a $6.95 Reseller account (including the $350 up-front cost) and an $8.14 Retail account?
Thanks for the assistance.

Assume that:
- you use the account for 2 years (24 months)
- you fund the reseller account via CC (and pay a 3% fee)

1.Given the very low risk-free-rate currently prevalent, you could just use a rough calculation by doing $350/(SavingsPerReg*24).

2.But if you want to be finicky, then use the annuity formula. I believe the US T-bill (risk-free) rate is about 2% per year right now.

Either way, you'll need about ten registrations / renewals / transfers per month to make it worth it.

But you probably already knew that. :p
 
0
•••
Originally posted by armstrong
Either way, you'll need about ten registrations / renewals / transfers per month to make it worth it.

But you probably already knew that. :p

Yup, that's about what I figured ... thanks, Armstrong! :)
I'll probably hit up RJ for a free $8.14 Retail account in the interim ... those costs can add up quickly.
Overall, Enom is my fav!
Appreciate it.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back