IT.COM

Registering 2 character domains.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chrisrockandroll

Account Suspended
Impact
Ok, I know that it is rare or unlikely to happen, but what if a 2-character .com, .net, or .org expires or is dropped. Where can you go to register it? All of the registrars that I have come across only allow a minimum of 3 characters.

I know that they have this minimum becuase all of the 2 characters are taken, but what if one does expire?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I doubt you'd actually be able to get your hands on any 2 character domain anyway. I'm sure alot are at least back-order, just incase of a 'just incase' situation! ;)

I'm not sure where you could go to registar a 2 character domain though... How do you know what the minimum characters are? I can't say I've noticed this on any registars...

•••
Try registering one, regardless if it is registered or not, It will probably say that you need a 3 character minimum.

•••
Agreed with Chris and Darren. I wonder the same thing, hm...

•••
•••
Yeah the minimum is 3 just tried it.

•••
Originally posted by CoolGuy
Yeah the minimum is 3 just tried it.

at enom? Nope. Send me $50 bucks and your enom user name and all register you a 2char domain right now.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
2 character TLD (com/net/org/biz/info) or is it a ccTLD?

numbers or letters? :)

•••
Its not possible to register 2 charter domains anymore Ive read somewhere. They are not up for sale anymore.

•••
Everything I have read is conflicting but I'll show you proof that 2 character domains CAN be registered.

I saw 1g.com was going to delete 10 days ago, so I tried every darn way to get ahold of it. Nothing worked (or would let me)

Go look at the whois now:

1G.COM
Name Server: NS.BUYDOMAINS.COM THIS-DOMAIN-FOR-SALE.COM
ICANN Registrar: DOMAINZOO.COM, INC.
Created: 14-jan-2004
Expires: 14-jan-2005

BuyDomains.com snagged it on the 14th somehow, I'd love to know how.

•••
- you are not able to register a 2-char domain anymore.

- when a 2-char domain drop, you are not able to get it except buying from the owner.

- you are able to renew a 2-char domain but not able to register it.

- even it seems that you can register a 2-char domain from any registrar, after a day or so, it will send you an email that the registration is not successful.

In order to have a 2-char domain, buy it from the owner and renew the domain. It you have a 2-char domain, i suggest you to renew 10 years just in case.

•••
Originally posted by NeonHQ
- you are not able to register a 2-char domain anymore.

- when a 2-char domain drop, you are not able to get it except buying from the owner.

- you are able to renew a 2-char domain but not able to register it.

- even it seems that you can register a 2-char domain from any registrar, after a day or so, it will send you an email that the registration is not successful.

In order to have a 2-char domain, buy it from the owner and renew the domain. It you have a 2-char domain, i suggest you to renew 10 years just in case.

http://www.pir.org/faqs/top_5

http://www.pir.org/faqs/top_5#e

•••
Originally posted by aww
Everything I have read is conflicting but I'll show you proof that 2 character domains CAN be registered.

I saw 1g.com was going to delete 10 days ago, so I tried every darn way to get ahold of it. Nothing worked (or would let me)

Go look at the whois now:

BuyDomains.com snagged it on the 14th somehow, I'd love to know how.

I had the snap on that one from MONTHS ago, and figured that with the snap I had a ~20% chance of hitting the jackpot. I should have guessed that with BuyDomains interested in the drop I had ~0% chance.

I had to open a new bottle of Absolut to calm down after my loss. :(

I believe most cctlds and new tlds no longer allow new 2-char regs. Its also not allowed in .org, but I believe its still allowed in .com and .net.

•••
BuyDomains is Ultimate Search, right?
Or are they seperate entities?
They have some seriously scary resources.

•••
I have tried every registrar, every way, to registrar 2 character names in TLD. No luck. As mentioned you will get an email letting you no that it is a 3 char minimum. I have tried GD, ENOM, NetworkSolutions, EURODNS, and many more. If anyone can do it, I will pay GOOD money for someone to reg me a 2 character .info of my choice. And I do mean good money!

DD

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back