Domain Empire

Registerfly

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Does anybody else find that Registerfly uses the slowest servers in the world. All I wanted to do was update nameservers and change an email address and it has taken about 20mins so far to get from page to page.

I am new to them as a result of a bulk purchase and they have got to be the slowest servers I have seen for a long time.

Anyone else find this with them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its going REAL slow for me too, i dont like RF at all.!

I have an account there with some domains, but i forgot my password.. and when i try to recieve my password, it doesnt work! Tried their support to but no luck..

RF -
NC +

•••
Namecheap is my reg of choice also - I feel a few transfers out coming along - :lol: - i wonder how long it will take their servers to process the requests when they receive them

•••
It is a little slow today, overall it is normally quick. I cannot stand namecheap. I have moved most of names away from them. Dig a little deeper with namecheap you will find there is not much there.

•••
When you say there is not much there, what sort of things are you looking for. I look for efficiency, price and ease of use - all things I get with namecheap but so far hacen't seen with regfly. I have tried digging deaper at regfly over the past week or so and have just ended up giving up because their interface is so slow. Also, nameservers were not updated correctly when I received the domains. This could have been my fault but I did receive a bulk confirmation email when I did it the first time. I noticed it when my domain update software highlighted that I had no nameservers assigned to any of my regfly domains after I had run a regular check on my portfolio. All of this adds up to quite a bad introduction to regfly and I have seen a lot of other people with the same problems. Investigating further I find lots of problems with their customer service - so many in fact that its easier to just transfer out than to try and talk to anyone about it.

•••
I would agree they are not perfect at all(no registrar is). I have had similiar issues with namecheap. whois updates not being applied. Trying to change DNS only to revert back to enom's DNS not to mention the dreaded XML document error most of the times I tried to register a name. So the same way you have a poor opinion of registerfly I have a similiar one if not more of namecheap.

In terms of poor service, I drop an email to their support email address and usually get resolution in a few hours. Compared to other services this is pretty good

•••
:lol: you say potayto and I say potAHto - we all have our faves and our hates riceman - wish you luck with them but once bitten as they say

jp

•••
Agreed

My S$%% List (never to use again) stands at
godaddy
namecheap
catalog.com
netsol
register.com
powerpipe

I am sure it will continue to grow

:bah:

•••
No speed problems here with RegisterFly.

I have over 60 names with them and the only problem I have ever had was with their "free" website builder. I have contacted their customer service about it, let you know. Thought I would try it out to build a for sale page, but I can not submit it.

GoDaddy has been great! Not a single issue.

NameCheap is OK, but no extras :( I don't use the extras much, but I like them.

tucows: Pain In the @#%$#

Opensrs: ditto

•••
I'm a big fan of RegisterFly. It's never been slow for me although sometimes each site has some serve lag. Perhaps you just needed to exit out of the broswer and restart Ie or Netscape or whatever again. Registerfly has an easy to use interface and loads of features. Godaddy has been greta too although transfering a name or looking up contact information can be a big hassel. Again, as some people have said, it's your personal preference but there are some domain registars out there that are just plain... UGH!

•••
GoDaddy has been great for me as well!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back