Domain Empire

Registerfly Class Action Suit Begins

NameSilo
Watch
Good news for those of you that have had Registerfly problems.
I was not asked to post this by anyone but wanted to pass on this information on my own to help out any of you that have been wronged by Registerfly.

A class action suit against Registerfly is now potentially forming in California. Edwin is an extremely good lawyer who's specialty is class action suits (I know he's good because he was my classmate at Harvard and he would always outscore me).

You may have the opportunity to become a "named plaintiff". I'm no lawyer but, from what I understand, while everyone in a class action suit will receive some compensation, a "named plaintiff" will receive much more. If you are a resident of California, you may call Edwin's cell at: (818)-288-0877. You will probably get his voicemail (he's very busy) but leave him a detailed message and he will get back to you. If you would rather email him, that is fine too: [email protected]

For those of you that have been wronged by Registerfly but you do not live in California, email Edwin at: [email protected] and give him a detailed description. If there is enough of you from any particular state, he may expand the class action suit to your state but at this time the only state that is for sure is California as they have tough consumer protection laws that give him a decided advantage.

I must emphasize that time is of the essence in a class action suit and that this is a "potential" class action suit not an actual class action suit meaing it is in the evaluation stage before it potentially goes forward.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Since I'm not a lawyer, I have not explained this very well so let me try again.

Edwin works for a large law firm. This is a potential case that is forming, not an active class action lawsuit. Edwin is talking to potential plantiffs and preparing his evaluations of the merits of this potential case. He will summerize his finding and present them to the partners. They will make a final decision as to whether the case goes forward because it will require a huge investment of money and time to move it forward. However, the good thing is that there is no shortage of potential plaintiffs (he told me he really only needs two California residents to launch the case).

This case may never launch if the partners decide it is not worth the investment or that Registerfly does not have enough money to make it worth their time. Time will only tell. He's encouraged that this week he has been contacted by many potential plantiffs.

Last edited:
•••
Good luck. Heaven knows it's tough on both sides, but I guess you gotta do
what you gotta do.

•••
Dave Zan said:
Good luck. Heaven knows it's tough on both sides, but I guess you gotta do
what you gotta do.

Thanks David, I'll keep you all updated as to whether this case goes forward or not.

•••
I live in California and have had my old account locked for unknown reasons and it was never unlocked. Depending on the # of people they need, and confirming why my acct was closed, I might look into this.

•••
The Poker thing was a 5 day auction and it closed after ZERO bids. Because it was a stinker - and so is any "PR" or other extension that isn't a CNO (Com. Net, Org).

"If it ain't a CNO, then it's a no show."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back