NameSilo

Regged a .Pro, Here is my shortlist

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Well, I did it. I got a .Pro, Spyware.Pro. Figured it would be a great name for a Spyware removal company. I also picked it because it's currently #3 on the Lycos top 50 searches http://50.lycos.com/ , almost 500,000 Overture and a couple other reasons. (Any appraisals?)

Anyway, here were other names I was looking at. These are all available. Lots of great .pro names out there if you want to spend the money.

Rep appreciated if regged!

import.pro
export.pro
painters.pro
pimp.pro
writer.pro
pilots.pro
limo.pro
taxi.pro
puzzle.pro
coder.pro
coders.pro
developers.pro
masters.pro
webmasters.pro
astronomer.pro
publisher.pro
contractors.pro
bodybuilder.pro
interiordesigners.pro
trainer.pro
stars.pro
journalist.pro
newspaper.pro
paper.pro
agency.pro
remodel.pro
webdevelopers.pro
politician.pro
placement.pro
locate.pro
engines.pro
scripts.pro
thearpy.pro
massage.pro
quiet.pro
secret.pro
musicians.pro
plasma.pro

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ben42 said:
Not a bad name Matt. Works for both the web and actual Pro Surfers.

thanks, I've got a few ideas.. but we'll see.

•••
so I went ahead and regged (im my imagination aparently) scripts.pro
I checked the whois at the right placed. It WAS available.
(I am not new to .pro, I have a few dozen of them).
I got the 'order successful email. I was happy, and was ready to report here.
However, for some reason, it never shows up in my list of domains.
I opened a support ticket, and even thought it was Saturday, encirca reps did reply.
apparently, this domain was regged earlier this year.
Now, I am 100% sure that I checked the whois correctly at registrpro.pro, including entering the .pro at the whois and it WAS availabe.
To make a long story less long, I was informed that they were going to pay me back because the domain was regged a few months earlier.
Unless the .pro registry had a major hickup, I am SURE, there is something fishy here.
Encirca is NOT to blame of course, but something happened.
to double check (this doesnt always work), I tried typing scrpits.pro in my browser and it wasnt resolving. It still doesnt, but thats not much proof.
on top of that, the fact that it was listed here as availabe makes at the very least 2 of us that saw this name as being available.
IMHO, .pro works in mysterious ways.................................

•••
A few dozen .Pro? Now thats an expensive lottery ticket. ;)

It definetly showed available for me when I created this thread, but possible it has just been a registry error they didn't realize until someone tried to reg it.

You'd think the original person to register it would pitch a fit though if it still showed as available.

•••
fifaworldcup.pro
commodity.pro
zune.pro

those are the three I did up today. :wave:

Last edited:
•••
I've got studentloan.pro

I'm tempted to purchase a few others to develop too.

surfing and commodity, nice pick ups...I thought about commodity...too late now though, lol

•••
•••
Although the singular version would be better, Downloads.pro is still available. I could have purchased that one back in April, but chose to go with two others.

•••
izo-pod: I like the wedding.pro site in your signature. That has a lot of potential. The wedding industry is huge!

•••
wedding.pro is a terrific name but more importantly this site looks like it has what it takes to REALIZE that huge potential. I'm sure people are full of ideas for filling up those categories. Benefits us all by bringing .pro visibility to the masses. So thanks izopod.

•••
E-Thunder said:
izo-pod: I like the wedding.pro site in your signature. That has a lot of potential. The wedding industry is huge!

Appreciate the comment E-thunder. I plan on doing a "Januray/February" magazine to coincide with the website. Of course it will be called "Wedding.Pro". I think to get maximum exposure you have to do both the "bricks/clicks" route.

bocanames said:
wedding.pro is a terrific name but more importantly this site looks like it has what it takes to REALIZE that huge potential. I'm sure people are full of ideas for filling up those categories. Benefits us all by bringing .pro visibility to the masses. So thanks izopod.

Thanks bocanames. My goal is to become well networked with this name. I want all the major players to want to advertise on the site. A slight departure from the norm (slap Adsense advert down the side).

I think as .pro owners you have to know the only thing really holding these domains back is ourselves. Every one of them is pure gold. I'd buy more, but have decided to focus on what I have, which is a lot. Think about it. Would you click on "JohnsonPlumbing.Pro" or "JohnsonsPlumbing.biz"? As much as I like .biz (with certain names)... .pro is the ultimate small business/web services/tech domain.

NOTE: Luckily I played hookey from work on March 2, 2005. Just happen to go on another domain site, and whaddya know, Econman is reporting Encirca figured a way to open this space up. Without hesitation, I began registering names. The one I wished I would have reg'd but chose not to was movie.pro. Huge movie download market coming up in the not too distant future.

•••
Yeah izopod you're making a real site (and nice looking one at that) instead of adsense down the side with some generic text in the middle. That kind of click-page does not bring any visibility to .PRO and does not help anyone else with .pro domains.

.pro domains are destined to be easy-to-remember, easy-to-market sites IMO. So far there's not too many examples, mostly boring legal firms websites. see http://showcase.pro for a weak best-of page. I can't say much on this point because I have nothing to show so far, but I'm heading down the same path (not building a wedding site, but putting up a real website instead of PPC)

•••
izo-pod said:
I think as .pro owners you have to know the only thing really holding these domains back is ourselves. Every one of them is pure gold.

I definately agree. About 2 weeks ago I made a list of about 20 names that I thought were worth registering. I just checked and almost half have now been taken. Maybe others are starting to notice the potential as well?

Also, I just noticed LasVegas.pro recently sold for $500.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back