NameSilo

Regged a .Pro, Here is my shortlist

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Well, I did it. I got a .Pro, Spyware.Pro. Figured it would be a great name for a Spyware removal company. I also picked it because it's currently #3 on the Lycos top 50 searches http://50.lycos.com/ , almost 500,000 Overture and a couple other reasons. (Any appraisals?)

Anyway, here were other names I was looking at. These are all available. Lots of great .pro names out there if you want to spend the money.

Rep appreciated if regged!

import.pro
export.pro
painters.pro
pimp.pro
writer.pro
pilots.pro
limo.pro
taxi.pro
puzzle.pro
coder.pro
coders.pro
developers.pro
masters.pro
webmasters.pro
astronomer.pro
publisher.pro
contractors.pro
bodybuilder.pro
interiordesigners.pro
trainer.pro
stars.pro
journalist.pro
newspaper.pro
paper.pro
agency.pro
remodel.pro
webdevelopers.pro
politician.pro
placement.pro
locate.pro
engines.pro
scripts.pro
thearpy.pro
massage.pro
quiet.pro
secret.pro
musicians.pro
plasma.pro

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
good work Ben

Hey great job on your site - how on earth did you get so much content so fast? Anyway I think spyware.pro is a terrific domain worth in the $xxxx range. There's obviously plenty of good ones there for the taking. It will be interesting to see how long they will remain un-regged??

•••
Bills.pro also available! .com sold for $984.000:)

•••
Ben, very nice list.
spyware is definitely the best of the bunch.
Now, I'm going to have to take a look...

•••
wow

Spyware Pro? What a perfect combination... I think that could even go for Xx,xxx to the proper end user - VERY brandable.

I'll have to take a look at the .PRO extension myself.

Good work and save some of the regs for me! Hhaha

•••
Great list. I regged massage.pro shortly after reading your post. Thanks.

•••
The short list, will be the number that you actually manage to sell. IMHO

•••
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I like this one! SpyWare fits perfect with .Pro ...The overture is through the roof,I am not familar enough with .Pro to give a good valuation for it...But super nice!!

Puzzle.Pro is very nice one

•••
it is 99$/year, don't forget...

•••
expensive?

I think the renewal price will be less than the current $99 reg price. The contract between ICANN and registrypro comes up for renewal next year, and *IF* (encirca + registrypro's) end run around the original contract terms are officially blessed I'd look for the other official registrars to be competitive on price.

•••
where can I register a .pro ?
is open to everyone or only for doctors, attorneys... ?

•••
where can I register a .pro ?

•••
•••
I just picked up my first .pro thanks to your post. There are many good names still available.

•••
E-Thunder said:
I just picked up my first .pro thanks to your post. There are many good names still available.

Hmmm... it doesn't take much to wunder why there are so many available

•••
whats the reg fee for a pro?

•••
•••
Jiblob said:
Hmmm... it doesn't take much to wunder why there are so many available

It's a good thing the cost is high right now to purchase a .pro name. Can you imagine if they were $8.95. It would become a speculator domain. My guess is they've kept the price high until such time they are able to really open up this space---which will happen in the not too distance future.

•••
Yeah, $99 is a lil steep. :(

•••
tad steep , depending on name reg'd.

•••
I suspect that the price is based on their predictions of how many registrations will be and how much their costs are to run the business and keep it stable.

I guess as well, that a $99/yr Reg fee stops people feeling the need to buy them to cybersquat on other people's domains... and therefore saving the registry more money in customer support and dispute resolution.

•••
If they lower the price to $10 can they sell 10 names for every one they sell now? Perhaps. But they will definetly have more customers to sell the "extras" too.

At this point it's just a very expensive lottery ticket. It's excellent property with tons of potential, but it's expensive and there is no way to tell if it'll turn into Las Vegas or a barren desert in a couple years. A lot of that will depend on the Pro Registry.

•••
las vegas or barren desert?

Excellent point. No doubt the registry has all the power in the world to destroy .pro - but the intrinsic value of the extension in combination with some words is undeniable. Want the kid next door to deal with your machine's malware or would you rather go with the spyware pro? It took a lot more guts to bet on that dream of a desert resort in Nevada...

•••
i just picked up surfing.pro

not sure what to do with it.. may develop it.. may not.

•••
Not a bad name Matt. Works for both the web and actual Pro Surfers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back