Dynadot

advice Regarding domain flipping

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hello everyone,

I read somewhere that it is advisable to turnoff whois privacy, or better not to pay for it whilst registering domains being planned to be put under auctions. Supposedly the advantage is that the buyer can verify seller ownership.

Is that true?

Also i am fairly new to domain trading, do i have to purchase the domain from the same registrar for example - sedo, in order to list it in sedo auctions? or say godaddy, to list it for sale on the gd auction site?
If not, then do i have to transfer my domain to them in order to list it with them?
Im sorry if this sounds silly, but i have no clue about selling domains, but i am good at finding great domains, or so i think..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you joined namepros at 2007 & in 2020 still fairly new to domain trading? what happened for these 13 years? :D

I read somewhere that it is advisable to turnoff whois privacy, or better not to pay for it whilst registering domains being planned to be put under auctions. Supposedly the advantage is that the buyer can verify seller ownership.

Is that true?
i think its better turn off whois privacy, so higher chance buyer candidate can contact/verifying us, the domain owner

Also i am fairly new to domain trading, do i have to purchase the domain from the same registrar for example - sedo, in order to list it in sedo auctions? or say godaddy, to list it for sale on the gd auction site?
If not, then do i have to transfer my domain to them in order to list it with them?
no need too

•••
you joined namepros at 2007 & in 2020 still fairly new to domain trading? what happened for these 13 years? :D

:xf.grin: as i mentioned in the intro meet and greet thread earlier, I was active into web development, SEO, and graphic designing back then from 2002-2006, however i got into a business line where i got a lot more $ for the time i invested in it. It was nothing to do with technology and internet.

However the growth of the internet from back then to now has been exponential to say the least and so have been the growth in opportunities.

I dont regret much except for the fact that back in 2007 when i had joined namepros, my aim was to buy many single word domains which were available quite cheap back then. Sadly i did not continue on that else i would have been sitting on a nice stash of liquid domains worth millions today.

@fastcool
Thank you for your reply. I see that you are a member since 2008, how has domaining been for you? going forward what scope do you see in this?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back