Dynadot

new gtlds Reg numbers for law related gTLDS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SBS66

Established Member
Impact
Visited Namestat.org to find out the registration numbers for the legal industry's new gTLD offerings, and found the following:

TLD/ release date / # of registration as 1/15/2017

.abogado / 7/10/14 / 233

.attorney/ 10/8/14 / 7386

.law / 10/12/15 / 5964

.lawyer / 10/8/14 / 11926

.legal / 3/11/15 / 9303

Is it just me or does it seem like lawyers are not flocking to buy these names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know but I'm thinking that the registry thought that maybe lawyers would buy them and put their names in front of the tld. Not working like that. Lawyers like to put esquire with their names so really they should have made the .esq tld

•••
I don't know that .esq would have worked any better.

From the standpoint of the public looking for legal services, I would say most (if not all) searches may default to a .com type in specifically or hear a domain name on a tv/radio ad and automatically type the .com. Even I sometimes type in expireddomains.com when I really only want to go to expireddomains.NET.

•••
true, it just was not competitive enough, and lawyer firms have the money to buy the best which is still the king

•••
domainattorneys.com just sold for over 10k.

•••
99% of lawyers are not aware of those extensions. Give it 2 or 3 years. Some gTLDs will become very popular

•••
99% of lawyers are not aware of those extensions. Give it 2 or 3 years. Some gTLDs will become very popular

Perhaps but I doubt it. I don't see any of these extensions advertised except in the corner of the world related to domains. As a lawyer, the only reason I know about them is because I was infected with the domain bug. I think they will become just like .net...and I like .net.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back