Dynadot

domains Reflecting Back on 2021 at ICANN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
By Göran Marby, President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO)

As 2021 comes to a close, I am reflecting on another year where the work of the ICANN Board, community, and organization has exceeded expectations. While I had hoped that my 2020 end-of-year blog would be the last one in which I spoke about unprecedented challenges, this year has again been a testament to the strength of the multistakeholder model in meeting the demands of an ever-evolving Internet ecosystem, at a time when we all depend on the Internet more than ever.

I want to extend my deep gratitude and appreciation for the ICANN community, particularly those community leaders and volunteers who worked to advance key policy-making initiatives and advice that resulted in over 250 recommendations for the ICANN Board to consider. ICANN depends on your collaboration, contributions, and participation, and I am grateful for the consistent work and engagement from the community so that we can continue to innovate and progress together.

I also want to recognize the work of my ICANN org team who have worked harder than ever to support the community and the ICANN Board. Here is a snapshot of the work the org conducted this year:...

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Back