Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

nameCM

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
There is something odd with this domain

All whois services show this

Picture0002.png

It was a straight hand reg yesterday and I do not remember it on TBR

It would have been snatched up right away and the odds of this as a straight hand reg are almost impossible unless it was a restricted domain and cira removed it from the list.

It is definitely a domain I would purchase if it checks out.

•••
Picture0003.png

Is already registered under city.on.ca so technically this domain is restricted.

Sweet if OP got it but in the end it's probably an error that will be corrected.

•••
From Cira

Picture0005.png

So it did indeed register today

My advice to the OP is to wait on this one before he offers it for sale.

You must confirm it is actually yours and that this is not a registration conflict.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
But I can see that many of these names are registered and has active websites.

They are in use by the government agencies or entities that have the reservations.

Example: Canada.ca

•••
They are in use by the government agencies or entities that have the reservations.

Example: Canada.ca

Check Punk.ca, Sex.ca, Rental.ca, Motor.ca, Media.ca and so on. Parked and in some cases up for sale...

•••
Sorry I realize that the link I sent was for names prohibited as REGISTRANT names - like I can't register as name Victoria City cause that would be deceptive.

There is a list of truly restricted domain names though. This is not complete, but from what Wikipedia says:

"Certain expletives are not accepted as names. Municipal names of individual cities and localities within Canada are also reserved nationwide, along with village.ca, hamlet.ca, town.ca, city.ca, ville.ca and the names of Canadian provinces."
Note that city is on the exclusion list. I had for a few hours thought I owned town.ca in the hand registration steal of the century a few years ago, but alas, no, they took it back.

Anyway sorry for my earlier confusion. It was not yet 7 am here :xf.grin:

Bob

ps I think the reasoning for excluding them is that someone might use third level domains with them that might appear to be an official site like Toronto.city.ca.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back