NameSilo

discuss Receiving offers for domains owned in the past

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

boker

Top Member
Impact
Lately I'm receiving lot's of offers for domains that I've owned in the last 2-3 years. After the last one, I've started checking how many of my domains from the last years have been sold or had any offers. First, I need to say that in 2017 I've sold over 300 domains and around 150 I've let expire out of 850 or so. So, at minimum 17 of the one's sold or dropped had been sold by others for anything from 1k to 3k and close to 40 of them I've received offers from $100 to 2k, mostly through whois and some of them listed domains with 'make offer' which I forgot about. Also, lately my plan is to list domains just with the big players and on a landing page, thinking that if somebody want's it, they will find you there. But last month I've received an offer for 2k, for a domain owned in 2017, which I forgot to delete it, from a marketplace other than the one's in trend today, undeveloped/afternic/sedo/ godaddy/landing page. So, I wonder what others are doing, still list everywhere or do you play just with the big guys? Also, I need to say that in some years, like 2017, I made xxxxx from selling to domainers, but I've lost even more, counting the offers and prices they were sold for(by others to whom I sold to or who picked them up when I've dropped them). So, second question will be, after seeing the prices they were sold, do you stop dropping everything and selling to resellers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As for your question about listings, currently I do the following:

- List and park at Undeveloped.
- List at Sedo
- List at Flippa (yeah I know)
- List at Uniregistry
- List at Afternic
- Sometimes list at Godaddy Premium (my Godaddy names only)
- List at Bodis (I sometimes switch parking between Bodis and Undeveloped, depending on domain traffic)
- List at my own site (DMP Shop)

I only ever sold domains via Undeveloped and my own site (afrinames.co.za) with the above setup.

•••
As for your question about listings, currently I do the following:

- List at Sedo
- List at Flippa (yeah I know)
- List at Uniregistry
- List at Afternic
- Sometimes list at Godaddy Premium (my Godaddy names only)
- List at Bodis (I sometimes switch parking between Bodis and Undeveloped, depending on domain traffic)
- List at my own site (DMP Shop)

I only ever sold domains via Undeveloped and my own site (afrinames.co.za) with the above setup.
I've stopped listing at flippa and uniregistry, because at flippa I was receiving only low offers or non payers and at uniregistry very few offers. I was listing at 7-8 marketplaces, but now I list them just at undeveloped(landing page) sedo and afternic(which goes to godaddy as well)+some brandables marketplaces. But looks like you can have from time to time a 2-3k offer from smaller marketplaces as well.

•••
- List at Sedo
- List at Afternic
- Brandables at SquadHelp or Brandpa.

I might start looking around for more places, but I dont have the energy to do much more with listings right now.

•••
I've stopped listing at flippa and uniregistry, because at flippa I was receiving only low offers or non payers and at uniregistry very few offers. I was listing at 7-8 marketplaces, but now I list them just at undeveloped(landing page) sedo and afternic(which goes to godaddy as well)+some brandables marketplaces. But looks like you can have from time to time a 2-3k offer from smaller marketplaces as well.
Dont you think listing at: godaddy auction + afternic is better than afternic only.
By doing that i sell thru afternic and gd_auction, about 50/50

•••
im sure it happens to all

crystal ball would be useful... and probably the only solution to your questions.. but I think we know they only exist in the movies.

if you have a lot of money to invest in domains, then sure why not, buy yourself peace of mind and renew all your names.. and sell to endusers only.. this way you will never get again offers on names you dropped... nor see big sales from domainers you sold to...

most domainers are on a budget... managing the delicate balance between profits... folio sizes.. what drop and not drop etc.. so this is not doable to most.. but if it is to you.. then why not.. go for it! cheers.

•••
Dont you think listing at: godaddy auction + afternic is better than afternic only.
By doing that i sell thru afternic and gd_auction, about 50/50
I think that godaddy works great for godaddy registered domains, if not I think afternic fast transfer will do it, at least for me.

•••
I think that godaddy works great for godaddy registered domains, if not I think afternic fast transfer will do it, at least for me.
mine are not gd domains.

•••
im sure it happens to all

crystal ball would be useful... and probably the only solution to your questions.. but I think we know they only exist in the movies.

if you have a lot of money to invest in domains, then sure why not, buy yourself peace of mind and renew all your names.. and sell to endusers only.. this way you will never get again offers on names you dropped... nor see big sales from domainers you sold to...

most domainers are on a budget... managing the delicate balance between profits... folio sizes.. what drop and not drop etc.. so this is not doable to most.. but if it is to you.. then why not.. go for it! cheers.
This is what I was saying, in some years I sell domains to resellers worth of xxxxx and I use the cash to reinvest in other domains and in other industries, I would not do it, because it's time consuming, if I would had enough cash to keep them forever. The big question, not including the crystal ball, if there is a certain strategy to find out which would sell faster and which don't. I've had domains with 1 view in two months and that view produced one offer, and others, with hundreds of views and no offers. Also, I've keeped domains with 2-3 low offers, waiting for the big offer and the big offer never arrived, so it's very hard to decide which to keep and which not. In 2017 I've had a .co which I was selling it to resellers and for some reason, nobody wanted it and I've dropped the price to a few $, just to not waist money and one of NP members picked it up. Last month I've received an offer for 2k for it, so looks like neither me and neither the other NP members could see the value in it, but for somebody had a value. And it's not the only example.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back