Dynadot

Rebranding Website - Round 2

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I still haven't finally decided on my rebranding of DNStore.com. I'm not afraid of rebranding (maybe I should be). Because I'll just point DNStore.com to whatever I choose to rebrand to. Let's start with why I want to rebrand. Several domainers have told me that end-users haven't a clue what DN stands for, and I should probably choose a domain with "domain" in the name and with a 2nd word which suggest selling domains. This sounds all well and good, except there are really none available to register, or are priced too expensively. I've kinda shortlisted 4 domains, which don't actually follow all suggestions which have been made. These are STUB.ORG, STUUB.COM, STUBWEB.COM, NAMETRADER.COM. So let's discuss these 4 domains.

STUB.ORG. I recently purchased this from a very top domainer. It wasn't cheap. How much does it matter that it's not the .COM, which is in use in the entertainment ticketing business? The .NET is for sale for about $25k. I'd like to hear the pros and cons of using STUB.ORG as my domains for sale website, replacing DNStore.com? Pros: It's my name on NP's and an abbreviation of my real name. It's short and to the point. It doesn't address the problem of not including Domain & Sales in the domain name, which started all this searching for a new name. How much does that matter? I think it's very brandable.

STUUB.COM. I purchased this from another domainer about 4 years ago. A true brandable with the same qualities as STUB.ORG, except it is a .COM. If that is important. Does that make it a better choice than STUB.ORG?

STUBWEB.COM. I purchased this in the drops about 4 years ago also. A 2 word brandable, with my keyword+WEB. Several top domainers are using "Domain(s)+Web".com (which obviously are not available). This only partially links the domain to selling domains on the WEB. It's a COM also.

NAMETRADER.COM - I purchased this domain some 15+years ago. This definitely fits the bill of clearly identifying what to expect from the domain. Although it uses the considerably lower form of "NAME" replacing the word "DOMAIN" according to one top domainer, I spoke with. I couldn't find any available domain which implied selling domains with the use of "NAME" available for registration or purchase at a reasonable cost. Not a brandable.

I would stress this is a shortlist. I have several .COM domains with 1 or 2 letters in front of or behind STUB. I have domains like STUBDOMAINS.COM, which might be a good fit/compromise. But I kinda preferred something shorter, and brandable. I have several NGTLDs with the word "DOMAIN(S).+NGTLD. Reasonably good NGTLD's. But I didn't consider them viable, because of thinking about .COM being almost a must. I'm not really sure how many end-users who would know of these NGTLDs, yet. I have and considered several DOMAINSALESxxxx.com but I figured you could die before the completing the domain in your browser :):):)

My personal preference is in the order they are listed. But it is a tight decision between all of them. I'd like to here your comments about each of these names and the one you would choose. And why.

rgds
stu

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like my programmer is watching this thread. He just contacted me. Must be watching this thread. Just kidding. About watching this thread. So good news.

•••
I'm going to use NameTrader.com.
A wise and hopefully profitable decision mate. You listened to the people whom you intend to serve.

Last edited:
•••
+1 for NameTrader from me

not only is it a solid domain name for online business presence
it makes up a good personal brand too:

Stewart "NameTrader" B.
Stuart B. aka NameTrader
(sorry, not sure about the correct spelling)

NameTrader (2).png

i'd change my NP nickname to NameTrader as well,,,

..all those subweb, stuub, .org look to me like
<<the guy was trying hard to be creative for cheap but failed nonetheless>>
kind of stuff,,, sorry

//only personal subjective imho
best

•••
Nametrade.com is really a good domain.

•••
Honestly just keep it at DNStore… maybe last year when you were first debating this you should of made the switch… hell you can even make a domain marketplace successful on “hickeeupoop” brand. stop overthinking this and getting feedback from domain investors and not business developers.. they’re going say .com regardless of anything domain you chose. You’re not here to sell your brand you’re here to sell other domains… .com does not matter

Now that stud.com is going to be marketplace I would even bother with stub.

See you next year on part 3

Last edited:
•••
You're a domain name trader right? domainnametrader dot com is too long, domaintrader dot com limits you to domain names, nametrader dot com opens you up to any type of branding. Either stick with what you've got or use nametrader. Agreement with @4pm stuub subweb dot org stuuub is all tedious and confusing. It's no longer your bedroom hobby this. You are a business professional. You need a professional business domain name.

Last edited:
•••
Yep. I've decided on the change to NameTrader.com with DNStore.com pointing to NameTrader. I agree with most of you who said NT, although I think the overall reach is not going to be much different between NT or DNS. Because we are all looking at this from a domainer perspective rather than from an end user perspective. I am at least talking to my programmer, about the upcoming changes (they went awol for about a month). Many of the issues mentioned here will be fixed in the coming changes. Some might take longer than others.

•••
I think the overall reach is not going to be much different between NT or DNS.
Disagree: Name Trader is a better brand name that DN Store. It's more professional, more memorable, less confusing and can be used for a much wider audience.
Because we are all looking at this from a domainer perspective rather than from an end user perspective.
Disagree: I'm looking at this from all perspectives. With Name Trader it can be used by any end user who sells names. This includes domain names, business brand names and trademarked names, car registration plate names, social networking account names, star names, product names and patent names.

•••
Good luck with the new brand @Name Trader . Will miss your Avatar :)

•••
Good luck with the new brand @Name Trader . Will miss your Avatar :)

I miss it too. It's been an old faithful. But to be honest, I like this new one better. I wonder if this will last for 15 years too :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
DomainJourney.com sounds nice for a marketplace😝

fits your requirement to have 'domain' word in it. 'Journey' is for end user to envision their domain investment journey with you. 😁

•••
DomainJourney.com sounds nice for a marketplace😝

fits your requirement to have 'domain' word in it. 'Journey' is for end user to envision their domain investment journey with you. 😁

It's OK. I've decided on the domain. Hope to implement within 1 month.

•••
I agree that essentially no one outside the domaining world will understand the "DN" in DNStore.

I think an end-user when seeking out a domain name will quickly learn that DN is short for Domain Name.

Since a decision has already been made, and I think it is a good one, this is a side point.

If someone doesn't know what a DN is then likely they won't understand the difference between a domain and a website. Neither should they have any business buying aftermarket domains. They need to be educated. Anyone that knows the value of domains will know what DN stands for. Having said that, companies use abbreviations all the time that many people don't know what they stand for.

•••
OK. We are in the process of transferring the website from DNStore.com to NameTrader.com. DNStore.com has stopped working. NameTrader.com is working but still has the DNStore.com design. The NameTrader design should be in place in a two to three days. Only after that will some of your suggestions be implemented (along with quite a few of my own). Only after that will the rest of your suggestions which maybe are not so easy to fix will be attempted.

•••
I would use NameTrader as a one brand word not separated.

•••
I would not of made the switch to nametrader.com from dnstore. Only because of nametraders.com already being in use for the exact same thing just my opinion.

•••
Are you aiming to gain traffic from Nametraders by mistake?

•••
I would not of made the switch to nametrader.com from dnstore. Only because of nametraders.com already being in use for the exact same thing just my opinion.

Are you aiming to gain traffic from Nametraders by mistake?
By the sounds of it, the OP chose NameTrader because he was fortunate enough to register it. Will there be any leaked traffic from NameTraders? Could be but probably not much. In the end it is the quality of domains that matter.

•••
The NameTrader.com site now has a working copy of DNStore.com running on it. Now to fix up a lot of stuff we had planned for DNStore.com but held over until the move was complete. Don't send me any more stuff to fix. I've got enough stuff of my own, plus the stuff which has been suggested above.

•••
The NameTrader.com site now has a working copy of DNStore.com running on it. Now to fix up a lot of stuff we had planned for DNStore.com but held over until the move was complete. Don't send me any more stuff to fix. I've got enough stuff of my own, plus the stuff which has been suggested above.
Don't forget to do proper SEO redirects of dnstore pages to nametrader pages.

•••
•••
How do I do that?
You can do that through .htaccess to permanently redirect dnstore URLs to nametrader URLs. Do a search on Google for "permanent url redirect .htaccess".

•••
Back