.Realestate New gTLD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
Heads up folks!

.Realestate is available for pre-registration :xf.wink:

I will be waiting for general availability for lower renewal costs if there are still good names left after pre-registration.

Who else is planing to reg. some cool names with this extension?

Good luck! (y)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My opinion is that LosAngeles.RealEstate would likely be more appropriate for a real estate site.

When I hear just the word "Estate", I automatically think of an estate sale or a large piece of property (real estate), as in the "Wayne Estate" - but not in sense of the buying or selling of that real estate.

•••
My opinion is that LosAngeles.RealEstate would likely be more appropriate for a real estate site.

When I hear just the word "Estate", I automatically think of an estate sale or a large piece of property (real estate), as in the "Wayne Estate" - but not in sense of the buying or selling of that real estate.
Would you be willing to pay $12K per year to maintain, and renew this domain?

•••
Those high renewals are not always necessarily bad from domain investor point of view - particularly when you have the same keyword in the competing new gTLD extension :) What do I mean:

For example, if it is a really a case they keyword "los angeles" in .realestate has 12k renewal, I can use it to my advantage when I present the same keyword in .property (which I own), and which btw has renewal "only" 120...I still do not like it and wish that renewal was lower, but 120 is 100 times less then 12k, and it is an amazing argument when selling new gTD names to end users. It always helps if you can show them something similar to name you sell, which has higher pricing comparing to your name. So it is all about turning what can be deemed as negative to positive.

•••
HaHaHaaaaa...

Yyyyyyeah, NO!

Now if I was in the RE business in LA and was making money hand over fist, well who knows...

•••
once the 3-4 keywords are gone the extension becomes useless.

•••
But LA is so 'yuuuge' :) Probably I would want something longer but more focused - more precision. Of course longer domains, more keywords means you have more choice too.

•••
But LA is so 'yuuuge' :)
Yes it is!

I think I read that LA County is 90 miles across at it's widest points. But when you add in the traffic, it can feel more like every point in LA is 200-300 miles away from any other point in LA. I left LAX once at 1 in the afternoon to go to a location close to the Ontario airport, (about 60 miles ???) Due to multiple traffic accidents I didn't get there until a little after 5. That trip should have been 1.5-2 hours max.
Probably I would want something longer but more focused - more precision. Of course longer domains, more keywords means you have more choice too.
You're probably right. There are any number of high end areas to live in - Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Malibu, South Bay, certain parts of the San Fernando Valley, etc. so if you are focused on one of these "neighborhoods" and are turning a lot of high dollar property, a dot RealEstate domain might be worth it.

Last edited:
•••
Well, as many of us already know, in new gTLDs it is sometimes better to wait a year or 2 after GA, and pick up what was dropped.

Some people will pay few thousands dollars in EAPs for a name, just to drop a name a year later..it happens much more frequently then people think :)
Where do you find pending delete and just dropped lists for NTLDS ?

•••
Where do you find pending delete and just dropped lists for NTLDS ?
I usually follow interesting names via WHOIS and my large excelsheet which I created with hundreds of names I am interested in. Afaik there is no unified source for new gTLDs as such, although some registrars offer the ability to filter new gTLD names in their lists of expired domain names. Also some people are using backorder services, or simply their quick fingers :)

•••
I was able to pick up Wales.RealEstate at minimum reg fee. I think this was a steal IMO.

Wales - Country in UK with over 3 million population

•••
The problem is that they don't use words like real estate in the UK, instead they say homes or properties.

•••
So how about Scotland.realestate at the $3200/year reg fee.

•••
Or London.realestate at nearly $13k /year lol

•••
I get what your saying, but for $89 it was worth picking up. Thanks Kate.

•••
You can then solve issues like eventual "HUGE blead" to .com later ..just imo :)

Think about your post from an end user's perspective. You are advocating wasting marketing spend where a % of users either end up on a competitors site or on a parked page, in effect generating free revenue for a unknown party, all the while wasting time and money through your marketing efforts.

So you wait until you have a fully fledged site (having flushed a bunch of money down the toilet) and you approach the .com owner. You just put all the negotiation power in the hands of the .com owner as they're already making bank off your business, and by waiting you increase their revenue and invariably their asking price.

If a competitor owns the matching .com they are never going to sell.

I'm sorry, but this is terrible advice in my opinion.

As for the .moneygrab sorry, .realesate extension it's simply too long and there are already too many. How many folks will find and remember where the dot is with a fleeting glance of a billboard? My guess is very few.

•••
Would you prefer NewYorkRealEstate.com or NewYork.RealEstate ?

NewYork.Realestate is taken. (Not me!)

Ny.Realestate - $13000 renewal

So apparently there is no space for domain investors at .realestate extension.

Those high renewals doesn't really make sense, there should be logical explanation to this.

Are those just tools for money laundering for some of the registries and registrars?

Cause those pricing are just marketing failure in my opinion.

What do you think?

Any reasonable answer to these high renewals?

•••
Think about your post from an end user's perspective. You are advocating wasting marketing spend where a % of users either end up on a competitors site or on a parked page, in effect generating free revenue for a unknown party, all the while wasting time and money through your marketing efforts.

So you wait until you have a fully fledged site (having flushed a bunch of money down the toilet) and you approach the .com owner. You just put all the negotiation power in the hands of the .com owner as they're already making bank off your business, and by waiting you increase their revenue and invariably their asking price.

If a competitor owns the matching .com they are never going to sell.

I'm sorry, but this is terrible advice in my opinion.

As for the .moneygrab sorry, .realesate extension it's simply too long and there are already too many. How many folks will find and remember where the dot is with a fleeting glance of a billboard? My guess is very few.
But this question (whether owning of new gTLD name will cause some traffic lost to .com name) was discussed hundreds of times already, on this forum and on all domaining blogs since new gTLDs came in 2014 :)

This is nothing new to discuss in 2018. It is very complex topic, as in some cases it can be a problem, and in many cases it is not a problem at all. It is very situational.

For me, as a private domain investor, it is important to get great names, with low renewals. End users are not stupid, and they can make their due dilligence. In 2018, we can see more and more end users owning new gTLDs, while they do not care about .com names (relevant string in .com remains unregistered). They simply do not care aboug .com suffix for their keyword string, although my advice to them would be to get it, if it is for reasonable price.

•••
So how about Scotland.realestate at the $3200/year reg fee.
Probably the registry used a dictionary list of keywords to build a list of reserved/premium names, regardless of whether they make sense in the TLD. You see the same in other extensions, so you have (for example) names like blockchain.horse that are reserved/premium even though they make zero sense.

Anyway, this is pricing for suckers. $3200 is insane even for a thriving business.
In your case, I suggest grace delete if you can.

•••
Those high renewals are not always necessarily bad from domain investor point of view - particularly when you have the same keyword in the competing new gTLD extension :) What do I mean:

For example, if it is a really a case they keyword "los angeles" in .realestate has 12k renewal, I can use it to my advantage when I present the same keyword in .property (which I own), and which btw has renewal "only" 120...I still do not like it and wish that renewal was lower, but 120 is 100 times less then 12k, and it is an amazing argument when selling new gTD names to end users. It always helps if you can show them something similar to name you sell, which has higher pricing comparing to your name. So it is all about turning what can be deemed as negative to positive.
NewYork.Realestate is taken. (Not me!)

Ny.Realestate - $13000 renewal

So apparently there is no space for domain investors at .realestate extension.

Those high renewals doesn't really make sense, there should be logical explanation to this.

Are those just tools for money laundering for some of the registries and registrars?

Cause those pricing are just marketing failure in my opinion.

What do you think?

Any reasonable answer to these high renewals?
High renewals are based on population, and probably media real estate price in that region. You can buy data which gives you such facts filtered to city/state.

I am guessing most end users thing this is a one time cost, not every year. Some large firms can take the hit for a large fee if they are a big brokerage firm, but they are not going to get big traffic, and will need to spend large dollars to educate the public.

This is a direct to end user extension.

•••
Sooo in the UK we have the below - hope this helps.....

(Real) Estate

images

House
images

Flat / Apartment
images

and last but not least the good old fashioned caravan......
upload_2018-11-27_19-8-55.jpeg

•••
I was able to pick up Wales.RealEstate at minimum reg fee. I think this was a steal IMO.

Wales - Country in UK with over 3 million population
This was a good pick imo :) With $89 renewal that is justified and makes sense.

•••
This was a good pick imo :) With $89 renewal that is justified and makes sense.
This extension does not work in the UK, It's where I am based and is not a very well used term here - we buy property (houses, flats etc) from estate agents. If you are looking for an estate in the country you would search "country estate"

Wales. realestate ? I was born in Wales and I can tell you now the Welsh won't be looking for any "real estate" anytime soon......

•••
This extension does not work in the UK, It's where I am based and is not a very well used term here - we buy property (houses, flats etc) from estate agents. If you are looking for an estate in the country you would search "country estate"

Wales. realestate ? I was born in Wales and I can tell you now the Welsh won't be looking for any "real estate" anytime soon......
That is great info, did not know about that... this might explain why it was priced the way it was, maybe.

Btw, my favourite real estate extension is .estate, and afaik it was / is very domain investor friendly :)

Also, I have some large usa geos in .property for standard renewals...so there are tons of alternatives in new gTLD space to .realestate ...

•••
That is great info, did not know about that... this might explain why it was priced the way it was, maybe.

Btw, my favourite real estate extension is .estate, and afaik it was / is very domain investor friendly :)

Also, I have some large usa geos in .property for standard renewals...so there are tons of alternatives in new gTLD space to .realestate ...

I had a browse through your real estate section and you have some good names (y) - my favourite "estate" name is "coast.estate" saying that I do like every single "property" you have to! Nice one.

There is a lot of a competition in this space with these extensions and I think "real estate" really fits in States side but you will need some killer keywords to stand out from the crowd..

•••
I had a browse through your real estate section and you have some good names (y) - my favourite "estate" name is "coast.estate" saying that I do like every single "property" you have to! Nice one.

There is a lot of a competition in this space with these extensions and I think "real estate" really fits in States side but you will need some killer keywords to stand out from the crowd..
Thanks a lot friend. And all of those .estate names are for standard renewals ($20-$22), which makes me to like them even more :)

.Property are for standard renewal as well, but that one is $120 - which I personally am paying really only for large usa geos and some special terms, and for nothing else, as it is already borderline from investment point of view, imo.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back