Real or Scam?

NameSilo
Watch

Newdomainers

Impact
Hello,

I am new in this Business. Yesterday, I get this Email ;

Hello!

Our client is interested in purchasing (domainname.ccccc)

He is a professional investor with 21 years of experience.

I located your contact information in a domain name whois lookup and understand that you own the domain name.

Are you still interested in selling?

I work for a hosting company based in UK.

I help our clients to buy and sell intellectual properties.

Do you have more names? Can you send a list?

Are you an experienced seller?

Best Regards,

Name....

Lawyer

Firma.....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sent him some domain names of my Portfolio and he anwsers;

The buyer is a well known businessman in his country (Sweden). He offers $15,000.
Do you have a certificate?

He needs this for accounting/tax purposes.

If you don't have it's not a problem. You can order it online.

As a professional, he cannot accept it from any agency. Only manual service is accepted.

The certificate must include the following:

1. Independent valuation of the market price. It will show your domain name is not overpriced. On the other hand if the valuation comes higher, he will increase the price accordingly. In the domain name industry, there are many appraisal tools that people use to estimate the value of a domain name. My client does not want to risk and doesn't accept services that use scripts. If you are unsure about some service feel free to ask me.

2. Trademark infringement verification. It proves your domain has no trademark problems. He would like this verification to be included in the appraisal report. It's not a problem because some companies include the TM verification for free.

I’m also interested in a good estimate of the market price because he pays me % on each sale.

You can read about certification agencies (alink).

The process is very easy:
1. Go to the certificate agency site and order a certificate. Just submit your domains and let them know you have a buyer with $XX,XXX offer. It will help you to get a better valuation.
2. Send it to me and we will start the sale process. As soon as he receives your certificate he will buy your domain via an escrow service. Any escrow service will be able to pay you via Paypal, Wire, Western Union or any other method you prefer.

He wants to ensure the safe delivery of the funds to you. Furthermore, since this is our first time conducting any business, I believe that using a third-party escrow service can provide a safe, well defined process.

If you are new to the certification process, I can help you with the step by step instructions

•••
I am sure this is appraisal scam.
Don't fall into the trap.
this is a very common scam in domaining industry.

•••
and the third email ;

He is also interested in
(some domain)

He may offer up to $3000-$5000 per each domain.

I'm also interested in finishing this deal because my service are paid by my buyers as % upon every domain sale.All my sellers who ordered certificates, sold their domains for very good money.Of course, you must be sure you will sell it for at least $3,000. To avoid any risks just submit your domains at Insantdomainsales( alink) . Please specify in the comment field you have a buyer with $3,000 offer for each name and need a valuation near this value. It will increase the appraised value.

If they approve your request, they will send you payment instructions. If not, you don't lose anything.

•••
oh....

okay, thank u very much.

•••
I have one more suggestion. Never reply from your whois registered email. Use an alternate email for solicitations or responses.

•••
•••
•••
You lost me at Do you have a certificate. So yea, scam.

•••
Read the thread @biggie suggested. We've all gotten those emails.

•••
I have one more suggestion. Never reply from your whois registered email. Use an alternate email for solicitations or responses.

@imc, kindly explain why please.

Thanks!

•••
This suggestion was for newbies. Although a rare occurrence, there's a possibility of them losing control of their email due to many scenarios. We may think newbies may not own valuable names, but some do.

•••
This suggestion was for newbies. Although a rare occurrence, there's a possibility of them losing control of their email due to many scenarios. We may think newbies may not own valuable names, but some do.
He is right there is no reason to use other extra email but for extra safety precaution always answer from other email is way better. When i was new in this industry, few years ago i got same type of emails and first time i was really happy and was partying whole night and next day i went to big forum may be here or other do not remember and asked same question and was warned by others.
During this days lots of stealing is happening even with godaddy accounts so be careful and protect as much as you can to your investment.

•••
Before buying or selling any domain you need to know more about the business.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back