Dynadot

Phishing alert

NameSilo
Watch

fuzzy

Established Member
Impact
Hey there,

Just a quick heads up regarding a (poor) phishing email I received from a (possibly dumb) phisherman:

Be sure to disregard emails that have content similar to the following:

Hello!

Our client is interested in purchasing xxxxxx.com for a new project.

The buyer is a professional investor.

I located your contact information in a domain name whois lookup.

Are you still interested in selling?

The buyer is going to offer a good price.

I help our clients to buy and sell intellectual properties.

Do you have more names? Can you send a list?

Are you an experienced seller?

Best Regards,

Brian Moritz

Vice President

123 REG UK​

I haven't posted the phisherman's domain name because the registrants details are not protected, and they may be those of:
  1. a real person who has had their identity stolen, or
  2. the phisherman may have been silly enough to provide their own details.
In either case I want to give GD and other authorities involved an opportunity to investigate further.

On a side note: phisherman . com is registered.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I got this one as well...jut ignore it

...or ask him for a 10% deposit before you are willing to transfer the domain

•••
It's a scam, they are using a legitimate spoof of a reputable broker only with the - (dashes) in their title and email.

I got the same email and replied..
I have GoF##kYourself . Com available and gave them my lawyers email if they wanted to negotiate for it. :)

•••
Hey there gilescoley and SirDrago.

The (possibly dumb) phisherman has 17 or so other dodgy domains registered using the dashdash.info thing.

Hopefully the entire bunch are taken down.

•••
I got the same email i know it was fake but no links or bullshit in the mail so i replied then i got this

The buyer is a well known businessman in his country (Israel).He offers $16,000.
Do you have a certificate?
He needs this for accounting/tax purposes.
If you don't have it's not a problem. You can order it online.
He needs it from a source he knows and trusts.
The certificate must include the following:
1. Independent valuation of the market price. It will show your domain name is not overpriced. On the other hand if the valuation comes higher, he will increase the price accordingly. In the domain name industry, there are many appraisal tools that people use to estimate the value of a domain name. My client does not want to risk and doesn't accept services that use scripts. If you are unsure about some service feel free to ask me.
2. Trademark infringement verification. It proves your domain has no trademark problems. He would like this verification to be included in the appraisal report. It's not a problem because some companies include the TM verification for free.
I’m also interested in a good estimate of the market price because he pays me % on each sale.
You can read about certification agencies at (.......STUPID FAKE PHISHING LINK......) (“Domain Broker” is my nickname).
The process is very easy:1. Go to the certificate agency site and order a certificate. Just submit your domains and let them know you have a buyer with $XX,XXX offer. It will help you to get a better valuation.2. Send it to me and we will start the sale process. As soon as he receives your certificate he will buy your domain via an escrow service. Any escrow service will be able to pay you via Paypal, Wire, Western Union or any other method you prefer.
He wants to ensure the safe delivery of the funds to you. Furthermore, since this is our first time conducting any business, I believe that using a third-party escrow service can provide a safe, well defined process.
If you are new to certifications, I can send you step by step instructions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back