Domain Empire

Re: Allposters and Affiliate Methods

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
One thing that makes AllPosters.com so great is that even with cookies turned off, even with every privacy protector installed that you can imagine, you will STILL get credit for sales through their affiliate program.

Why? Because they have your affiliate link embedded in the URL, it reports directly to Allposters.com, providing a much cleaner affiliate based experience than CJ.com, where internal audits (The query of users on a retail themed site as they leave a client side shopping cart service) reveal that probably 30% of my sales were not being properly credited.

So, who out there knows of other programs that are the same? Personally, I would be overjoyed if more AP's did just this.

One caveat: Most services look like they do keep your ID in the URL, but it is all an illusion. Amazon Associates only keeps your ID in the URL for the first page, linkshare and cj only keep it in until you get to the actual page, at which point it leaves again and you're relying on cookies.

Ok, back to the question: Other LARGE programs that have the method of AllPosters but the selection of Amazon? (Probably a Fool's Errand to look, I know).

-Allan

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
IAmAllanShore said:
One thing that makes AllPosters.com so great is that even with cookies turned off, even with every privacy protector installed that you can imagine, you will STILL get credit for sales through their affiliate program.

Why? Because they have your affiliate link embedded in the URL, it reports directly to Allposters.com, providing a much cleaner affiliate based experience than CJ.com, where internal audits (The query of users on a retail themed site as they leave a client side shopping cart service) reveal that probably 30% of my sales were not being properly credited.

So, who out there knows of other programs that are the same? Personally, I would be overjoyed if more AP's did just this.

One caveat: Most services look like they do keep your ID in the URL, but it is all an illusion. Amazon Associates only keeps your ID in the URL for the first page, linkshare and cj only keep it in until you get to the actual page, at which point it leaves again and you're relying on cookies.

Ok, back to the question: Other LARGE programs that have the method of AllPosters but the selection of Amazon? (Probably a Fool's Errand to look, I know).

-Allan

yeah i think i'm interested too...lol

•••
how much they pay per sale?
Also do u know of some good affiliate program that pays for click and pagesviews also?

•••
Sounds interesting. :) What is the link to the site?

•••
You only get credited if they buy something within 10 days but it is an interesting observation. I guess this would be a trial and error thing to see with affiliates do this.

•••
yep its easy as abc ro set up...but there's need to find the customers!

•••
I doubt you'll find allposters features with something a wide variety
of Amazon. I really wish amazon would improve their crappy
affiliate program benefits but it's their loss :(

•••
Chris Choi said:
I doubt you'll find allposters features with something a wide variety
of Amazon. I really wish amazon would improve their crappy
affiliate program benefits but it's their loss :(

I actually love Amazon, by far my best performer, but I wish their cookies were more scumware proof, and longer lasting.

-Allan

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back