Dynadot

opinion Radio silence after telling BIN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kite26

Fearless BirdTop Member
Impact
I 've experienced it and i believe you too. You have been asked about your BIN price for a domain by a potential buyer. You sent your price. Then, radio silence. No yes or no response from him. You only know that your message has been opened. What are your thoughts in this situation?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi So and so, are you still interested in blah.com?

•••
I would wait at least two weeks though imo.

But stuff like emails going to junk folders happens, so you can try earlier but use that as an excuse.

•••
I would wait at least two weeks though imo.

But stuff like emails going to junk folders happens, so you can try earlier but use that as an excuse.
I agree that you must wait after the last e-mail. The ''how much'' question helps you understand that there is some interest. My question is simple, why they give their counter offer instead of choosing not to reply back?

•••
This situation happens all the time, Was it from a fellow 'domainer' looking to pick-up a bargain or possibly a potential end user with a price expectation way below your asking price. We've all had the "But it only cost you $10, so that's all I'm offering" emails. (some think the initial registration is forever)

Don't stress over those that don't reply to your sales price response, consider them dead-wood. Chasing them will just make you look desperate for a sale. They know where to find you if they were serious about negotiating a price.

don't raise your expectations on any email requesting a price, that is unless you've nailed down who the email is from and it's either a top-player or a sizable business/company, then its worth staying on the case

Last edited:
•••
Tire kickers...that's all they are.

•••
That's why I think instead of giving a price you should send them to your make offer page, like @MapleDots suggested. If they don't want to complete that form. They are not serious about buying the domain. As @sircc says. They're just tire kickers.

•••
Yup and don't be afraid to ask for more information, it's the best thing I have ever done. Almost everyone that completes my form is a real client. I has sooooooo many tire kickers when I took anonymous offers.
I will NEVER do that again, I spent days thinking about how to lay out my form and how to word it just so.

I sold one yesterday, smooth as silk, the client said they were paying by credit card so I added 3% to my price to cover the fee. In the end I even mentioned that and the entire sale was smooth as silk because I knew who the end client was. That my friends keeps everyone civil and it works like a charm for me.

I posted a couple of links already but if anyone wants to check it out you can go to:
www.MapleDots.ca/contact

•••
just send them an offer page with yohr bin price,If interested they will revert back. All the best👍

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back