NameSilo

Radio Missing Top Level Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Quite a bit of sleight-of-hand occurs within the radio industry. We often read about items that carry only a portion of what's important, so there's an appearance of more success than is really attained.

Like a weak journalist interviewing a politician who avoids directly answering a question, we often see radio trades avoiding the tougher stance that clarifies a situation. One example is the current story about Clear Channel's iHeartRadio music festival selling out in eight minutes; a claim that needs the size of room and number of available tickets to carry meaning. Have you read either of those points anywhere under those large headlines?

I bring this up because online there's another sleight-of-hand being tried with little success. It deals with an abundance of Top Level Domains (TLD) that are floating around the internet, not being used by the radio industry.

Read More
Courtesy of: AudioGraphics.com

Personally I think radio is among a sea of business/companies that just don't get it yet and may never. The really sad thing is with the way things move you either keep up or get left behind to fend off everyone. Lets hope the music industry picks up the pieces and comes on board!

I found the article to be a good read!

Blake A. Worthington

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back