Domain Empire

Rackshack's $5 Domains Now Available

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
Price after Texas sales tax (?) is $5.41 per domain per year.

https://domains.rackshack.net

Definately the lowest price anywhere for .com/.net/.org/.info.

They chose OpenSRS as their registration partner. I found it an odd choice over enom, especially since the lowest OpenSRS reseller I've known is $8 name. OpenSRS allows free ownership transfers.

Please report your experiences with Rackshack domains here in this thread.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are real good.

Rj do you think RS and OpenSRS, wont have a deal planned, Tucow mirror alot of downloads rackshack is the biggest server provider.

Enom, people love them! I dont i think they are sligh and do not provide the best service.
They stabbed us in the back, doamins from $6.95 then bank $8.95 lowest, They charge $0.95 extra on top to register a domain.

There are other people out there now and we need to look at new registers and start to move on from enom.

Directi will be massive soon, they will have ever feature enom does with in 3 months.

Cnboin they are new but they also look like another good company.

RackShack are trying to do 2 things, Come the biggest most powerful domain site, (which they will do). And to advertise there site.

HeadSurfer owner of Rs will be the next bill gates, im not sure how many people here have Rs servers but i do and they are so good now. Along time ago ever one hated RS and said they were rubish now i never bump in to a unhappy Rs client.

D0mainguru

•••
I've registered about 20 at RackShack so far and no problems. Certainly a good deal. I actually get us and biz lower through a WildWest reseller account ($4.61 each) but they definitely beat everyone on the price for the big three - com net org. I do wish they had picked another partner. I never liked the OpenSRS interface, but it is serviceable enough that I certainly can't complain at these prices.

Incidently, I think the registrar to watch for professionals may be Fabulous.com. They are building a one stop shop that is unbelievable. If you have enough domains, they will give you a $7.50 rate and with that you can park your domains on their PPC pages (or anyone else's with free redirection) and earn money on them while you wait for a buyer (other registrars keep that parking page revenue from YOUR domains for themselves). They also let you set up a For Sale bar at the bottom of the parked pages with the price and an automatic contact form for potential buyers to use.

Fab also allows you to set popups or unders from any site (in case you want to popunder your own website beneath the parking page for instance). Even better, they now are generating free custom PPC sites for your domains names with appropriate links and you can even control the colors and layouts).

It is pretty amazing stuff - all included for the price of a reg fee. You don't even have to have your domains registered with them to use all of those services (just change your nameservers!) First place I have run into that has actually shaken my loyalty to Enom (who has been head and shoulders above everyone else in my opinion). Again this deal is only for holders with a large number of domains though (about 500). For retail buyers just coming through the front door, regs are $20.

•••
Does anyone know how much the tax will cost if you live in Virginia? I mean for the domain of course.

•••
The tax is the same everywhere. I registered a name with them yesterday and it's working fine so far.

•••
Originally posted by DuffMan
The tax is the same everywhere. I registered a name with them yesterday and it's working fine so far.
thanx!

•••
Re: Rackshack's $5 Domains Now Available

I have heard that RackShack domains are just an offer that will not last that long. It is just a promotion to their servers... they don't really make money off this, just attract visitors.

They probably register their domains for about $6 / year.

It's a great marketing campaign!
-ryan

Originally posted by -RJ-
Price after Texas sales tax (?) is $5.41 per domain per year.

https://domains.rackshack.net

Definately the lowest price anywhere for .com/.net/.org/.info.

They chose OpenSRS as their registration partner. I found it an odd choice over enom, especially since the lowest OpenSRS reseller I've known is $8 name. OpenSRS allows free ownership transfers.

Please report your experiences with Rackshack domains here in this thread.

•••
Does anyone know if RackShack registers domains in real time, or queues them and periodically submits them in a batch?

I just reg'ed a domain with them about an hour ago, they have charged the creditcard, but the name still shows as available at the registry. Yikes!

Is this common? Any thoughts?

•••
very nice price, 2 bad they dont accept paypal payments :(

•••
$5 domains! :tu:

Indeed webmasterinfo, pity about not accepting paypal. :(

•••
Does anyone know if RackShack registers domains in real time, or queues them and periodically submits them in a batch?
Very interesting question although I think probably the chances of a conflict are quite low. That sounds like a question you might want to direct to rackshack support.

I've registered 10-15 domains through them now and whois is usually updated by the next day, although that doesn't at all answer your question does it? :P

Cheers,
Chris

•••
Looks like there are major problems at Rackshack all of the sudden. Yesterday they charged my credit card twice and sent confirmations they had registered the domain when in fact they had NOT! I had to run to Enom to get the name registered. I wrote to customer support to demand a refund and the mail got bounced saying they have closed their support mailbox!! I wonder if they arer shutting the whole program down already. Has anyone successfully registered a domain there today (better double check to be sure). I'm afraid to try again because I don't want to be charged for any more domains they are not really registering. Now I have to fight to get those charges off. BEWARE!

Last edited:
•••
they are very good

i have been registering around 3 domains perday for the past 2 days with them.the registeration process was very smooth and the registeration reflects in the whois almost immediately. five stars for ev1servers

•••
Looks like everything is working again. They answered my mail and said they did have some problems Saturday that caused registration errors. They have given me a refund for the domains they charged me for so everything is OK again.

•••
i tryed them today really good

•••
I tried them too, the interface sucks. The signup process is simple through

•••
Everything seems to be working alright now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back