IT.COM

Rackshack to offer $5 domain name rego

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think if it true, they are just a loss leader. However, as the information came from a banner designers portfolio it is questionable if that will be the Real Price or only one inserted for presentation purposes.

•••
if you read the thread..
you will see the CEO of rackshack (headsurfer) say;
"$5 pricing is confirmed. Launch is one day behind schedule and will be available starting Tuesday morning."

;)

•••
Headsurfer (Rackshack owner) has already confirmed the prices later on in the thread.

•••
•••
Hostway is doing similar ... and I still plan on getting that information about the availability of "free pushes" there, as well. Sorry for the delay. :guilty:

•••
Geez Rackshack has grown so big they can afford alot.

•••
Nice to here, looking forward to this :)

I hope they going to use a free push system!

•••
hmm... Well sounds to me as they are doing it for $5 losing $1 and making loads on the hosting. Simple

•••
It's actually more like $5.41 USD after tax, regardless of where you live.

•••
•••
That still isnt that much.

•••
hmmm.... Think I might read ever page on site. Term and conditions. Everything. Most sites like this have some catch like. All domains automaticly have hosting account added at an extra $39.99 a month :(

•••
•••
I read the thread at WHT and the guy in charge of Rackshack said that you are NOT forced to host with them.

Originally posted by hilljd00
hmmm.... Think I might read ever page on site. Term and conditions. Everything. Most sites like this have some catch like. All domains automaticly have hosting account added at an extra $39.99 a month :(

•••
•••
I'm looking forward to the offer. As hill said, make sure you read all the terms and conditions here. Rackshack is not in the business to lose money, so it's natural to assume they will be making their money somehow.

It could just be they're looking to generate massive publicity to attract users to their dedicated servers. Not a bad idea, since most domain owners will need hosting eventually and advertising for dedicated servers at Google or Overture costs RackShack upwards of $10 PER CLICK! Could be an excellent way for them to get hundreds of new feet in the door.

•••
Eh I dont think I will be registering any with them anyways.

•••
And with so much word of mouth advertisement about the $5.00 reg, RackShack actually succeed in driving lots of traffic to their site.

•••
Yeah that also counts as well.

•••
This registration service is now live and has been for a few days. I wonder how hard it will be to change the registrant information, i.e., selling and transferring domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back