NameSilo

R.i.d.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hopefully if this bill passes it will work.

IF THE RID SPAM ACT, which has been endorsed by AOL Time Warner and Microsoft, were to become law, it would require warning labels on unsolicited commercial e-mail and would prohibit falsifying e-mail headers. Violators would be punished by fines and, depending on the circumstances, up to two years in prison.

At Tuesday’s hearing, members of the Judiciary subcommitee on crime seemed to agree that criminal penalties were necessary. But they sparred over whether an “opt in” approach is better than the bill’s current “opt out” requirement. One of the RID Spam Act’s sections permits anyone to send non-fraudulent spam to any number of recipients — as long as the messages contain a “clear and conspicuous” way to decline future mailings.

Full Story:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/936277.asp?0dm=C214T

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Boy I hope this RID Spam Act does become law. Spam is such a pain.

•••
I hope so too, but the punishment should be more harsh than what they have listed, and I wonder if spammers will stop or keep sending the unwanted mail if this bill does pass.

•••
Yeah you're right. If they kept sending the spam mail it would give everyone a hard time trying to report so many of them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back